Complaint Review: LA Boxing- Club Ready- Astoria NY

• Updated: Tue, March 05, 2013

• Reported By: DPOP — Kew Gardens New York United States of America
LA Boxing- Club Ready- Astoria NY
34-5 Steinway St, Astoria, NY 11101 Astoria, New York United States of America

LA Boxing- Club Ready- Astoria NY Fraud- Illegal business practices Astoria, New York

A friend brought me into LA Boxing where she was a member for a while now so I could join. Thinking it would be all fun and games.  I joined paying them a first month, last month, registration fee and some other bogus fee. I was made to sign  an "Electronic" contract which at the time did not disclose all the information eventually provided via email. I was told that I needed to purchase equipment etc. I paid all the fees to date in cash. A few weeks ago my friend and I go to cancel our contracts because its just been a hassle to get to their location and was treated poorly by the manager and made fun of in front of other gym members.

My friend cancelled her contract and was the payee of my account. At that time I tried to cancel I was told I had to pay in excess of $1,000 to get out of my contract. Why did I pay all those fees?? Last month first month etc? Its illegal under GBL business practices that this company is asking excess of 15% to cancel this contract.

I was told by management that they have lawyers and will seek restitution. Im writing now to implore the help of any one else who has been taken by these fraud's and seek help in resititution myself for the horrible treatment by this company. I refuse to pay anymore more monthly subscriptions and i can not get out of this contract! HELP!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2013 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Boxing-Club-Ready-Astoria-NY/Astoria-New-York-11101/LA-Boxing-Club-Ready-Astoria-NY-Fraud-Illegal-business-practices-Astoria-New-York-1023897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Boxing- Club Ready- Astoria NY