Complaint Review: LA Car Repos

• Reported By: Guinevere — Ventura California
LA Car Repos
19701 Sherman Way Winnetka, California USA

LA Car Repos Complete fraud Rip-Off Winnetka California

*Consumer Comment: A Very Simple Question...

I purchased 2 vehicles from this dealership, I dealt with Sal, Ricky, Daniel and a few other people.  I had seen several ads on Craigslist and had just finished a bankruptsy so I wanted to work on reestablishing my credit, plus I had a 16 year old daughter who was starting to drive.  The pricing on Craigslist seemed very reasonable so we went down to check them out.  I explained what i was looking for, 2 cars that were 4 cylinder and one needed to seat at least 6 people.  We looked at 2 cars that we liked.  Both needed work done on them, which we made a list and I was promised to have all repairs done.  While filling out paperwork the sale price went up several thousand dollars between both cars and a salvage title was snuck into the paperwork.  I was concerned and voiced my concern, with reasurance that there were no issues with the car.  I left one car there and took the other car home with the promise that in a few days the repairs to the first car would be done and the other car would get fixed when we came back.  When we came back no repairs were done on the car and I disovered that the car was actually a 6 cylinder rather than a 4 cylinder.  I knew I was stuck for not thoroughly investigating before hand.  They did do some repairs on the other vehicle, but some of those repairs included "gluing" pieces together rather than fixing them.  Since this first night the "dealership" has had at least one of my cars for almost 2 months.

About 3 months after I purchased my cars and still had not received any DMV paperwork on one of them, I called the loan company to find out the car needed to be brought back to the dealership because they never did the light and brake inspection to sell the car.  I had to bring it back again, and they kept it for almost 2 weeks.  I hav now owned my car for 5 months, have made my monthly payments on time every month and this car's registration expired last month, still have no plates for it, still has major mechanical issues, and I cannot legally drive it as it isn't registered in my name.  It was never supposed to be sold.  Now I have no idea how I can return the car and get my $ back.

Do NOT deal with this company if you are looking for a car.  If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is.  This has been a very expensive lesson for me!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Car-Repos/Winnetka-California-91306/LA-Car-Repos-Complete-fraud-Rip-Off-Winnetka-California-1069440. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Car Repos

A Very Simple Question...

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You stated while filling out paperwork the price went up amnd they "snuck" a salvage title into that paperwork.  Did you READ the paperwork BEFORE you signed it?  Why then would you proceed with the purchase???