swift

Complaint Review: LA Fitness - Body Of Change(Pro Results)

• Submitted: Wed, August 20, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 20, 2008

• Reported By:Toms River New Jersey
LA Fitness - Body Of Change(Pro Results)
635 Bay Avenue # 203-1 Toms River, New Jersey U.S.A.

LA Fitness - Body Of Change(Pro Results) Double Billed, Fraud, rude Toms River New Jersey

I signed up at LA Fitness in Toms River in July 2007. When I signed up for the club I also bought 4 training sessions a month for one year at a rate of $100/month. Now it is Aug 2008, I still have about 20 training sessions on my contract and according to my contract I can cancel the billing and still use the sessions which I did last month. On Monday I was going through my credit card statement and noticed that I was billed twice for my training session last month, I started looking through my old statements and realized that I have been billed twice ($100 x2) for 8 months, since Dec of 2007. I called up the club and I spoke to "Adam" the operations manager who informed me that This was correct because I purchased another training contract in dec of 2007. This was a surprise to me as i did no such thing. Adam also acknologed that I had never used or signed in with this new account number and he said he would investigate this further and call me later in the day. I finally received a call back at 8PM. I was informed that they had a signed contact and they put the signatures "Under a Microscope" and they were identical. I don't understand how this is unless I'm going shopping in my sleep. I was told that they would graciously stop billing me and that they would let me use the training sessions I had already paid for. This was unacceptable, they are letting me use something they fraudulently signed me up for. I wanted a refund. I already had over 20 sessions still "banked" on my account I don't need another 32. Adam said that he would have Cynthia from corporate call me the next day to discuss this.

Tuesday came and went without a call. I called the club today (Wednesday, Aug 20th) to find out what is going on. I was told that they lost my number but Mike the District VP for Pro results would be calling me today. About 5PM I received a call from Mike who was very short and quite rude. He started lecturing me on how this was my fault because I didn't notice this earlier and how since they had a signature they didn't have to do anything for me. When I tried to ask why if I had sessions already backed up would I buy another contract he interrupted me mid sentence to continue to tell me that they didn't have to anything, when I asked him not to interrupt I was told that since he called me and because he was an executive he could speak anytime he wishes. Basically he told me that they would refund two months of the fraud and let me use the 24 session(that I never wanted in the first place).

Bottom line is LA fitness has ZERO customer service, they outright stole from me and then were rude about it. After reading other complaints this seems to fit with their corporate policy.

Msg270
Toms River, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2008 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness-Body-Of-ChangePro-Results/Toms-River-New-Jersey-08753/LA-Fitness-Body-Of-ChangePro-Results-Double-Billed-Fraud-rude-Toms-River-New-Jersey-365135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness - Body Of Change(Pro Results)