• Report: #197797

• Submitted: Fri, June 23, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, January 20, 2007

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
LA Fitness Corporate: Body Of Change
75 5th Street Street Suite E Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

LA Fitness Corporate: Body Of Change ripoff: misleading contract Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Well obviously..

*Consumer Comment: READ YOUR CONTRACT

I was told that if I wanted to cancel my contract and get all my money back during the first 7 days, I needed to call the corporate office and ask them what to do. I did this. I left 3 messages for three different people during that seven day period. My reasons were that each trainor I was assigned to was late or didn't even show up for the session at the time given to me.

Not one person from the corporate office called me back after the three messages were left (and after I was on hold for a minimum of 20 minutes each time), and when I finally did reach a real person instead of a voicemail, I spoke to Luanne who told me that I needed to mail a letter of cancellation certified to the office and I would have to pay the difference of the what I owed for the year. I was quickly infuriated, and asked to speak to her supervisor. She told me she would transfer me to Carmen's voicemail as she was at lunch, and Carmen would call me back by 5:00p.m. EST. This did not occur. She called me back the next day and left a message. I called her back again and again, got her voicemail.

This is by far the worst customer service I have ever encountered. It beats out ING and Best Buys by a long shot. I will not only never refer anyone here, but I will also never recommend that anyone works for this company. I am now considering going to a different gym since lafitness (as a separate entity) associates themselves with "Body of Change".

I don't understand how they are still in business.

Lauren
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2006 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness-Corporate-Body-Of-Change/Atlanta-Georgia-30308/LA-Fitness-Corporate-Body-Of-Change-ripoff-misleading-contract-Atlanta-Georgia-197797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness Corporate: Body Of Change

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Well obviously..

AUTHOR: Olden - (U.S.A.)

Gee - I wonder if this guy is an employee of BOC? Maybe even one of thier slimy sales managers? It sounds like it to me.

Whaddaya think?

READ YOUR CONTRACT

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

If you read the contract that you signed, you must submit your cancellation request IN WRITING to the corporate office. It specifically says that phone calls are not accepted. Why would you believe "what someone told you" while fully knowing that you are bound by the specific terms and conditions of the contract? Failing to read something before you sign it and failing to follow directions DOES NOT constitute a rip off.