Complaint Review: LA Fitness

• Reported By: Tony — Duluth Georgia United States of America
LA Fitness
3455 Peachtree Industrial Blvd Duluth, Georgia United States of America

LA Fitness Horrible & Deceptive Sales Practices Duluth, Georgia

I wanted a national membership with the company as I travel a good bit for work, and was told several times when going through the sales process that the agreement I was signed was a national membership. They never showed any documentation to me and after 10-12 days I found a PDF copy of it in my email. The PDF document stated I had a Georgia only membership and when I contacted them about this, they refused to do anything.

I then raised a complaint with the Better Business Bureau who sent the complain to LA Fitness. They called me on the phone and were very rude about the whole situation and treated me horribly for filing the complaint. It was only $220 for my membership and nothing to them, but they did not care that I used the membership once before noticing the problem and reporting it to them.

They refused to refund my money because it was outside of the initial 7 days, even though the emailed document was filtered by spam (should have been a clue to begin with), and I did not see it until after the 7 days was already over. They are real swindlers that do not care about their consumers at all.

Buyer beware with these guys. Once they have your money and information, they are impossible to deal with and will not care about you one bit. I am still trying to get my money back, but I don't see it happening unless I take them to small claims court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness/Duluth-Georgia-30096/LA-Fitness-Horrible-Deceptive-Sales-Practices-Duluth-Georgia-977594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness