Complaint Review: LA Fitness

• Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Minnetonka Minnesota United States of America
LA Fitness
1710 Minnesota 7 Hopkins, Minnesota United States of America

LA Fitness Omar Hussein, Unjustly enrolled me for a membership I had not known I was signing up for Hopkins, Minnesota

Went into the LA Fitness Hopkins Gym to go to a class as an instructors guest. They owner informed me that they no longer had that policy and that I would have to pay to use the gym. I told him that I was gone for the rest of the summer for an internship, so he signed off on a one week pass slip and told me if I paid a fee I could use the gym for that day, and then come back and use the form a different week. The front desk told me to sign the small electronic form at the front for a guest waiver.

Three months later today, I find out that I have been charged 10.67 per week for a week to week membership. I was never informed that I was buying a membership or even saw a copy of it. That waiver apparently, was for a week to week basis. They never took my photo, gave me a key fob, and the records show that I never came in after that day. Despite still having the original slip the owner gave me, the current operations manager and Vice President of the La Hopkins facility still would only give me a partial refund of my money. As a college student, I don't have the time nor money to take it to court. But it is very frustrating to have to a let an unfair situation like this go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness/Hopkins-Minnesota-55343/LA-Fitness-Omar-Hussein-Unjustly-enrolled-me-for-a-membership-I-had-not-known-I-was-signi-944291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness