Complaint Review: LA Fitness

• Submitted: Tue, July 14, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, September 01, 2012

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
LA Fitness
1900 N. SCOTTSDALE ROAD Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

LA Fitness Franchise Rip-off. Opened up a credit line and they packed up an took my money. Will not return my money Scottsdale Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: Seriously

I was working out at LA Fitness in Scottsdale, AZ and there was a franchise juice bar in this location. I worked out at this location 4 times a week so I was a regular.

I saw that this location's juice bar was running a special where if you pay them at least $20 upfront, you will get your first shake free. (This was like a $20 line of credit, that you can spend at your own discretion.) They took my credit card and rung me up. Fortunately I chose to spend the minimum amount of $20.

Literally one week later (before I was able to spend any of that $20), that franchise juice bar was vacated. At this time there was a sign-up sheet at the counter where you could write down your name, email, phone number, and money owed.

I waited a couple weeks and wasn't contacted. I then tried to speak to the LA Fitness representatives about how I can collect the money that is owed to me. They gave me a number to their corporate office because they said that "they weren't authorized to release any of this franchisee's information".

I called the number that was given to me where I was bounced around multiple times and put on hold. Total call time was 49 minutes. I was finally directed to the franchising department. Here, they told me that they do not release any of the information of their franchisee's and are not responsible for any issues with customers of their franchisee's.

So, I asked this female representatives if there is anything she can do to help me recieve the money that was taken from me, and she said no. I then asked her if she thought that this franchisee could have possibly been running this special where you open a credit line for a free smoothie because they knew that they were going to go out of business and run off with the money, and she said that there is a good chance that this is the case.

LA Fitness should assume some responsibility of the ethical behavior and malpractice of their juice bar franchisees. Money was stolen from me from what I mistakenly saw as a trustworthy company that was within LA Fitness's doors.

Blane
Tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2009 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness/Scottsdale-Arizona-85257/LA-Fitness-Franchise-Rip-off-Opened-up-a-credit-line-and-they-packed-up-an-took-my-money-469600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Seriously

AUTHOR: youngsir - (United States of America)

Did u take time to write out a report this long for $20 u've got to be kidding me. and then to Call it a credit line. Stop the madness i come here for real reports not 7th grade opions.