Complaint Review: LA Fitness

• Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: Mark — Warren Michigan United States of America
LA Fitness
St Clair Shores, Michigan United States of America

LA Fitness False Charge Without my Signature or Approval St Clair Shores, Michigan

Around 1 year ago LA Fitness bought Bally's. At that time I had already cancelled my membership with Balley's. My credit card was charged during the changeover. I called both organizations and both denied charging my account. After many phone calls I finally got it resolved. Fast forward approx. 1 year later and my credit card is charged again by LA Fitness. They refuse to refund the money unless I go in person although I have moved away from the area.  Based on other reviews I ready this seems like a common practice, the ethics of which are very questionable. My guess is if they keep this up they will be setting themselves up for a class action lawsuit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness/St-Clair-Shores-Michigan-/LA-Fitness-False-Charge-Without-my-Signature-or-Approval-St-Clair-Shores-Michigan-989907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness