Complaint Review: Labco School of Dental Assisting

• Updated: Tue, July 01, 2014

• Reported By: maidennuengland — 06451 Connecticut
Labco School of Dental Assisting
61 Elizabeth Street Derby, Connecticut USA

Labco School of Dental Assisting Plus, LLC 15 weeks, accredited by state of connecticut, ACertidied memeber American Dental Assitants Association Approved Derby Connecticut

*General Comment: LABCO helped me create a future for myself!

*Consumer Comment: Labco changed my life!

*General Comment: Absolutely False!!

*Consumer Comment: False Report

*UPDATE Employee: This is false!!

this was suppose to be a 15 week dental assistant class. There was 4 people in the class and the class was 4 hours for 15 weeks. The training documents were copies from a book. Not enough information to pass the required test. The school will not coach or assist in retaking the required test. No chating, instrument identification, or use of xray machine. Not able to succeed because the minimum information delivered. You can not become a successful employable dental assist.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Labco-School-of-Dental-Assisting/Derby-Connecticut-06418/Labco-School-of-Dental-Assisting-Plus-LLC-15-weeks-accredited-by-state-of-connecticut-1064755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Labco School of Dental Assisting

#1 General Comment

LABCO helped me create a future for myself!

AUTHOR: Amalia Rivera - ()

LABCO is a great school with an amazing instructor. Laura has helped me create a future for myself. I went into a dental office confident and came out with a job all because Laura prepared me with the right knowledge to get work done.

We have class every Saturday and we have lectures and if we do not understand she take the time out to actually explain everything to us until we understand. Then for the rest of the day we have clinic and clinic couldn't be more hands-on.

I appreciate everything LABCO has offered me and more. now I have a future that is bright and its all because I came to LABCO.

Labco changed my life!

AUTHOR: MMathers - ()

My dental career was started at Labco. Laura was so helpful and knowledgeable. Her handouts were easy to read and anyone who read them could easily pass any and all exams on the materials. Students who struggled could always go to her.

I found passing my x-Ray exam a breeze because of her class. Working in the clinical setting was a breeze because she prepared us all so well. There were over 15 people in my class. We have all progressed in our craft since leaving labco.

Thank you, Laura.

Whomever gave you a poor review probably did not invest into the class as you do into your students. You shine the light so people can find their way.

you have started me on my journey and helped so many others like me looking for a career.

#3 General Comment

Absolutely False!!

AUTHOR: AE122986 - ()

This complaint is completely false!!! Labco School of Dental Assisting is an EXCELLENT school and Laura (the owner/instructor) is an amazing teacher. I graduated this course myself and am now a gainfully employed FULLY TRAINED, XRAY CERTIFIED dental assistant, before Labco I was miserable waiting tables struggling to get by. Thanks to my training at Labco School of Dental Assisting thats all in the past!!

I absolutely LOVE what I do and am greatful to have a career. I never thought I could make it through such an intense course and learn so much but, Laura is such a great teacher I couldnt wait to learn the next thing!!! Laura makes learning fun and doesnt move forward until every student understands the current material, she offers private tutoring and even after you graduate the course you are always welcomed back if you need to review material. The clinic is very hands on and as close to the real thing as possible.

If you did not have a good expierience at labco it's most likely because you didnt put in the effort! The course is ACCELERATED its 15 WEEKS class is ONE DAY A WEEK!! if you miss class, dont study and leave early you obviously will NOT learn enough to get a job. This is an adult course if you dont put in the work and apply yourself nobody is going to hold your hand especially not in the field. This class was great and totally turned my life around and now I plan to become a Hygenist.

False Report

AUTHOR: Gracy C - ()

I am currently a student at LABCO and will be graduating soon. It is an intense program with many hours of lecture, clinical hands on, and weekly tests. Our lead teacher is amazing! She is extremely smart, knows what she is talking about, keeps class interesting, she is never boring, and is extremely patient with everyone. I look forward to class on Saturdays! From day one I have learned so much about dental assisting that I find it disturbing that someone would make such a report. One last bit of info, I had looked into other similar schools in the area but the class start date could not be guaranteed because they needed at least 4 students enrolled in order to start.

This is false!!

AUTHOR: Ashley - ()

I'm currently enrolled in this class, and this information is 100% false. She's the best teacher I've ever had. There are around 14 students in this class, and we do clinical EVERY class that we have. This is absolutely ridiculous that someone would write this. She teaches us SO much, and she walks us through everything.