Complaint Review: Lacina Siding and Windows

• Reported By: Andy1845c — North Mankato Minnesota United States of America
Lacina Siding and Windows
2104 North Riverfront Drive Mankato, Minnesota United States of America

Lacina Siding and Windows Matt Lacina Poor workmanship Mankato, Minnesota

*Author of original report: I stand by my positon that installation technique was to blame

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: It isn't a Hoax but....Lacina Siding is reputable.

*Author of original report: Do your homework!

*General Comment: Agree with Andy1845c

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: help me jaug my memory

I hired Lacina Siding to side my new home. WORST experience of the home building process by far!

All work was done by a sub-contractor from over 100 miles away. One guy brought his dog along and let that roam all over my yard.

Vinyl siding product was installed improperly and bowed badly, phone line was cut by careless crew member and left for me to discover, vents were installed so crooked it looked as if a drunken sailor had leveled them. Almost everything about the craftsmanship was amateur at best.

Trying to resolve this with the owner, Matt Lacina, was extremely difficult. I was was basically strung along for months and fed excuses. Eventually hired and attorney, and even then it was like pulling teeth getting him to come back and correct sloppy workmanship. He even had the nerve and unprofessionalism to personally insult me.

I cannot vouch for any other area siding and window contractors, but I WOULD NEVER do business with Matt Lacina again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2012 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lacina-Siding-and-Windows/Mankato-Minnesota-56003/Lacina-Siding-and-Windows-Matt-Lacina-Poor-workmanship-Mankato-Minnesota-850210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lacina Siding and Windows

I stand by my positon that installation technique was to blame

AUTHOR: Andy1845c - (United States of America)

I was never able to corroborate the claim the wall was to blame for any of this. I spoke with my framing contractor and inspected it from the attic. I could not find fault with it. It certainly was not bowed to the couture of the shakes in the picture I posted.

The picture is of the shakes after the first installation. They were this way for many weeks while I waited for a crew to come back and fix them. The second time they were hung, nails were pounded through the face of the shakes to pull in them down where they were bulging up. This method both allowed water to get behind them via the nail holes, and did not allow for proper expansion and contraction and was just plain wrong according to the manufacturers instructions. This disgusted me since I paid to have the job done right.

This is where I decided to get an attorney involved as I was getting nowhere in resolving this on my own and my patients had run out.

The third time they were hung, they were not nailed and looked fine, and look fine today. Leading me to believe the wall wasn't to blame, but rather the skill and/or work ethic of the employees the first two times.

There were several other issues with craftsmanship I didn't mention in my initial posting as I wanted to be concise and to the point, but there was globs of clear sealant dripped on my walls and roof and just left behind, an angle cut on a piece of aluminum trim that was grossly incorrect and was patched over, rather than starting over with a new piece of material. A dent in the house where a ladder or something maybe fell into it. Dented ridge cap on the roof. Minor issues that I am sure all jobs have. My point here is there were major issues they were very difficult to resolve, and took the majority of a year by the time it was all over with.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

It isn't a Hoax but....Lacina Siding is reputable.

AUTHOR: Matt L. - (United States of America)

Lacina Siding & Windows is a reputable company with over 3600 customers.

Mr. Johnson's house was sided sometime around late February 2011, he purchased the siding January 24th 2011 the home was a new construction house that needed to be sided before March as he did not want anybody at his home while the ground was thawing.

Mr. Johnson's frustration with the "improperly" installation of the vinyl siding product is a concern I share with him and if you would like to see properly installed shakes go to Country Club Estates here in Mankato behind Home Depot and you will find plenty of homes that Lacina Siding & Windows has installed shakes that look great.

The Cedar Discovery siding that was installed on Mr. Johnson's house has more to do with the wall framing...let me explain on a gable end like Mr. Johnson's the stud framing is about 2' on center and when the studs aren't straight or the sheathing isn't properly spaced for contraction; the wall will buckle and the expansion of a vinyl product will follow the wall behind it.

If Mr. Johnson would straighten the wall behind the shakes,  I am certain Cedar Discovery will cover the cost of the material and Lacina Siding & Windows will absorb the labor for the second time.

Mr. Johnson was credited $85 for the phone line.

I will not be posting anymore.

My customer satisfaction rating is over 99%

Matt Lacina

Do your homework!

AUTHOR: Andy1845c - (United States of America)

Matt, sending you anything would be a waste of my time. You wasted enough of that already.
You already have all the photographs and the letter from my attorney.

I posted this as an accurate, civil account of how my job went. I hired what I presumed to be a reputable and local company and all I got was the biggest headache of my home building process.

Since I first posted this I have also learned that the salesman that came to do my estimate, and as far as I know is still employed by Matt, served time for a felony and has half a page of traffic violations and petty crimes. Is the the type of person you want to invite into your home?

Anyone can verify this with his name here: http://www.mncourts.gov/publicaccess

I can't tell people what to do, but I can encourage them to do their homework better than I did!

#4 General Comment

Agree with Andy1845c

AUTHOR: kateinmankato - (United States of America)

My neighbors hired Lacina siding within the past year and had similar complaints to those listed above by Andy1845c, so I am inclined to agree with the original poster that this is a company to avoid. As further evidence, the owner's rebuttal is unprofessional at best and insulting at worst. "Jaug" is not a word in the English language, and if I were representing my company I would want to be sure that I sounded educated and intelligent to ensure consumer confidence. Further, there was no apology issued, even if it was just an apology for any misunderstanding.

"Lacina Siding & Windows is a very reputable company." is a completely empty statement, please provide some factual or statistical information to back that claim up. Consumers, please do some additional research before choosing Lacina, you will find a wealth of other negative reviews posted elsewhere on the internet and locally as well.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

help me jaug my memory

AUTHOR: Matt L. - (United States of America)

I think this is a hoax...please provide me with some proof this actually happened.

Lacina Siding & Windows is a very reputable company.

I would be happy to help with any concerns you have.