Complaint Review: Ladies Permier Fitness

• Updated: Tue, November 05, 2013

• Reported By: Audrey — South Charleston Ohio
Ladies Permier Fitness
5100 Urbana Road Springfield, Ohio USA

Ladies Premier Fitness Money hungry, unprofessional, sneaky lairs! Springfield Ohio

My husband and I recieved a 7 day free trail. We went in and was not greeted until we were about to walk out. The guy took us on a tour of the facility. We went back to his desk to sign up for the trail.

He told us that we had to use a credit card, in case we do not cancel, then they would charge us monthly. We agreed becuase we planned on actually using the membership. A month afterwards, my husband was injured and was unable to work. I called the center and told them that I wanted to cancel. He told me that I had to call a 1-800 number to do so.

I called the 1-800 number and she told me that they need a paper filled out from the doctor stating that he was unable to use the membership before they could cancel it. Which I didn't understand. We were under the impression that it was a month to month contract. She e-mailed me the paper and we took it to his doctor where they filled it out and faxed it in.

It took them almost 2 months to process it! I called and called and then they finally told me that they wouldn't cancel it because the doctor only had him off of work or 2 months. But he went back to the doctor and was off for a total of 4 months and when he went back to work he was on restictions which affected his pay. He didn't make as much as he did before the injury.

We called them and called them but it was the same bull every time we called. Finally I filed a complaint with the BBB. The BBB tried to get a response from them 2 times and they refused to respond. The company sent me our contract. Then finally they gave a response to the BBB. They are trying to say that there is no way to cancel the contract. Which if they wanted to go there then they probably should have just kept our contract so we couldn't read it!

No where in the contract does it say that is imposible to cancel. The 1-800 number people have told me that I needed to have a doctors note, pay over $900, or move 25 miles away. Well we had a doctor's note. I just want them to be professional and uphold the contract and what they say.

My sister-in-law is having the same issue with them and we are going to seek legal action. I would like to find more people and we will then have a class action lawsuit. This place needs to be taken down!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2013 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ladies-Permier-Fitness/Springfield-Ohio-45502/Ladies-Premier-Fitness-Money-hungry-unprofessional-sneaky-lairs-Springfield-Ohio-1097140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ladies Permier Fitness