Complaint Review: LADY OF AMERICA FITNESS CLUB

• Updated: Fri, June 28, 2013

• Reported By: wontberippedoff — Miami Florida
LADY OF AMERICA FITNESS CLUB
10755 Sw 72nd St miami, Florida USA

LADY OF AMERICA FITNESS CLUB AKA LADY OF AMERICA; LOA RIPS OFF SENIOR CITIZENS; IMPOSSIBLE TO SPEAK TO MANAGEMENT; SCAM ARTISTS! miami Florida

My mother is 60 years old, and barely speaks English. Her doctor recommended walking every night to help with her poor circulation. She doesn't like walking around the neighborhood, so I suggested a gym.

She visits the Lady of America location on 10755 Sw 72nd St in Miami, and explains her fitness goals to a seemingly nice girl. My mom asserts that she does NOT want a contract membership, as she isn't sure how often she will be able to make it to the gym. The sales rep mentions that a NO CONTRACT membership is a little pricier, and my mom agrees to the pricier option, as she DID NOT want a commitment. The girl asks her to sign a document, and since my mom barely speaks English, and has a hard time reading small print, the girl translates "This is your EFT form, we will use this as authorization for monthly dues." My mom asks again.... "THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT?" The girl affirms that it is not.

My mom attends the gym for about a month or so, and faints during one of her gym sessions. For medical reasons, she decides to stop going. She ends up paying the membership for several additional months.

She cancels the contract, and months later receives a letter from a collections agency. Wait...WHAT? NO CONTRACT? The collection agency is harrasing and verbally abusive (of course). She explains the situation and they respond with "tell it to the judge." Mom ends up with high blood pressure and spends the rest of the day in bed because her meds wear her down.

I call the gym to get some insight, since I am my mother's POA. I ask for a manager. "One moment"....LONG HOLD. "This is Yas (I don't remember the name very well)." I ask if the gym is independently owned or managed by a specific district manager. The lady responds "why do you ask?" I respond that I need that information in case she can't assist me. I explain my mom's situation, the lady hangs up on me three times, and cutting me off mid-sentence trying to talk over me each time I called back. She tells me she "doesn't have time for me" and hangs up.

I visit the gym in person and she yells "I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO YOU." I tell her I just need her to write her name and her manager's name for me so I can settle my concerns with them. She tells me "I DONT HAVE TO GIVE YOU ANYTHING! LEAVE MY ESTABLISHMENT!" Again, I mention that all I need is her managers name. She repeats for me to leave. Then she yells out "YOUR MOTHER IS IN COLLECTIONS, AND YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF THIS GYM! LEAVE!" Yeah, because the WHOLEEEE gym needs to know that my mother is in collections because of THEM!

I researched the company, and it looks like people all over the nation are having the same issues. Unethical practices, misleading clients, and rude unprofessional staff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2013 06:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LADY-OF-AMERICA-FITNESS-CLUB/miami-Florida-33173/LADY-OF-AMERICA-FITNESS-CLUB-AKA-LADY-OF-AMERICA-LOA-RIPS-OFF-SENIOR-CITIZENS-IMPOSSIBL-1062781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LADY OF AMERICA FITNESS CLUB