Complaint Review: Laguna Bay Spas

• Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: Ken Biles — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Laguna Bay Spas
Internet, Tennessee United States of America

Laguna Bay Spas Leisure Products...out of Tennessee Sold a defective hot tub ,laguna bay X5, and will not replace or fix the problem. After numerous attempts to cooperatively correct the problem, no solution could be found. They stated to me that a Internet, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: Absolute

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: X14 - not working

*UPDATE Employee: Corrected Action

*Consumer Comment: Bad heater & other parts

*Author of original report: Rebuttal (final)

*UPDATE Employee: Untrue Statement

After about 4 months from purchasing my Laguna bay X5 spa, the heater went out.  I contacted the service department and they said that it was a manufacture defect and that they would send me another heater.  Then the MP3, topside controls, and computer board went bad.  After 3 bad heaters, and having replace every single component except for the pump, the hot tub still does not work.  Finally, i requested a full replacement or refund, and Laguna bay has ignored may request and will not return my phone calls.  I then later found out that it was company protocol to do everything BUT replace or refund money until they could delay such actions long enough that the parts warranty would run out.  It is a big scam. DO NOT BUY or DEAL with this Company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2012 09:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laguna-Bay-Spas/Internet-Tennessee-/Laguna-Bay-Spas-Leisure-Productsout-of-Tennessee-Sold-a-defective-hot-tub-laguna-bay-917765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Laguna Bay Spas

Absolute

AUTHOR: NOT WHAT I ORDERED - (USA)

HA, well they didnt send me the right tub. BUT I did get a offer for extra filters and chemicals to make things right. THESE PEOPLE ARE A FREAKING JOKE. Spas sells people ex workers of MCDONALDS

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

X14 - not working

AUTHOR: vickie - (United States of America)

Feb 9th and my X14 still not working,  we now been waiting for two weeks for the replacement of our 7th heater and 5th powerpack.   Of the 25 weeks we owned the spa it has only been running 11-1/2 weeks.   The company did extend our warranty and continue to make efforts to repair -  but at what point do they figure out they sent me a lemon and they should refund my money.   I would not recommend this company to any of my friends.

Corrected Action

AUTHOR: Randy Johns - (United States of America)

The above consumer is correct, we did have a heater failure issue from one of our suppliers, and have since corrected and fixed every issue promptly to our customers satisfaction, as well as we extended all the warranties from the date the new heater replacement took place. Customer Service and standing behind our warranties is always our top priority. We have over 22,000 happy hot tub owners with no issues, but 1 problem is 1 too many.

Bad heater & other parts

AUTHOR: vickie - (United States of America)

I have Laguna Bay X14, recd Aug 16, installed Aug 29, lost electric Sep 27th.  Was told heater caused electric short.  Since Sept LPI has replaced 5 heaters, 3 powerpacks, 1 subwoofer and utilized two different techs.   Nov 27, tech just replaced another heater and powerpack - SPA still not working.  When I asked for refund/return or exchange they said no.   They said they will fix by continue to replace.  I think their X employee is right - stalling until my warranty is up.  I'm taking credit card action, thank goodness I used AE card.

Rebuttal (final)

AUTHOR: Ken Biles - (United States of America)

This response from Leisure bay should be indicative of the type of company i have explained in my original posting.  There have been no such requirements nor request.  But it is good to see that they at least pay attention to the "Rip Off Report" for spin control. - Perhaps someone will benefit from it.  Again, Buyer beware!

Untrue Statement

AUTHOR: Randy - (United States of America)

Mr Biles continues to claim spa does not work but refuses to return defective heater so we can analyze what is actually causing failure, as it is most likely improper chemical balance that is corroding the element and components. Laguna Bay services all its customers promptly but when a consumer continues to order expensive parts without returning old ones, we must require those back to understand why there having problems and correct it. Mr Biles is unhappy with us requiring him to send back parts and we cannot understand why?

surplus