invited

• Submitted: Fri, June 26, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 26, 2009

• Reported By:Charleston South Carolina
Lakeside Marina And Resort / Blake Dunn
107 Cypress Shores Rd Eutawville, South Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 803-492-7226
  • Web:
  • Category: Lodging

Lakeside Marina And Resort / Blake Dunn And Jim, Lakeside Marina and Resort is a DUMP Eutawville, South Carolina

Lakeside Marina and Resort is a DUMP

We found this place on the internet and it looked rather charming so our family rented the 40 foot houseboat for father's day and our experience was simply WRETCHED!

We arrived Friday and checked in only to find that the actual place was nothing like it was portrayed on the website. The houseboat was covered with dead bugs and dirt, it was simply disgusting. I did not even want to walk around barefoot in the place. I went back to the office and spoke to Blake Dunn, the owner and operator, and kindly asked if there was anything else available he told me no everything was all booked up. I proceeded to tell him that this place was fifthly and for the amount of money we were paying we were highly dissatisfied he proceed to argue with me saying that they things I thought were bugs was just dirt and soil. Like that really made me feel any better.

Saturday, we paid $200 to rent a pontoon boat all day. We were ready to go out on the boat at 8:30 a.m. we did not get the boat until 1:00 p.m. We looked for Blake and Jim, another owner, and could not find anyone. When we finally found Blake, we witnessed him towing a rental pontoon boat in. That was one of the three tow-ins we witnessed that day, all of which were rental pontoon boats. At 1:30 p.m we finally got on out boat and it was much like the houseboat. . . NASTY.

After confronting Blake about paying for a full day and only getting the boast for a . Blake made me feel as if it was our fault because we did not hunt him down to get the boat. When I expressed to him that we did we just could not find him. I had to beg a scream for a discounted rate. He only knocked $50 off. Furthermore, nothing was mentioned in the rental contract or anywhere saying that we were responsible for refueling boat, so we got hit with yet another charge. . . refueling of a 8 gallon tank @ $8 per gallon.

This place is a Mom and Pop operation and as you can see they did very little to satisfy their customers. We talked to three other guests all saying that they were disappointed with the place and Blake refused to give them a refund. I see why they do not give refunds the place would go out of business. If you are thinking about staying here I hope reading the above has changed your mind. We got duped out of $ 575.00 and I hope this will prevent other from going through the same experience. ?

Summer ****
Charleston, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2009 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lakeside-Marina-And-Resort-Blake-Dunn/Eutawville-South-Carolina-29048-8784/Lakeside-Marina-And-Resort-Blake-Dunn-And-Jim-Lakeside-Marina-and-Resort-is-a-DUMP-Euta-465245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lakeside Marina And Resort / Blake Dunn

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC