contrary

• Submitted: Wed, July 01, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, October 23, 2009

• Reported By:Tarentum Pennsylvania
Laketon TV & Appliance
10491 Frankstown Rd Penn Hills, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Laketon TV & Appliance AWFUL - Misrepresented a product, tried bait and switch Penn Hills Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: LAKETON TV

I recently won a refrigerator from Laketon from the KDKA Online Auction. I paid for the refrigerator based on an ad (the ad shows a picture of a stainless refrigerator and states "Stainless Steel color-coordinated metal handles". I called to arrange pickup and was told the "guy in charge of that" would call back. hours later, I get a call from a 'guy' who didn't identify himself, but tells me I can get the fridge in white or black. I explained why I believed it was stainless and he said "then call KDKA". Needless to say, KDKA is refunding my money and said I am the second complaint they have already had about Laketon. I will never shop with them, they were rude, discourteous and basically blamed me for their error. What a joke!

Mj
Tarentum, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2009 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laketon-TV-Appliance/Penn-Hills-Pennsylvania-15235/Laketon-TV-Appliance-AWFUL-Misrepresented-a-product-tried-bait-and-switch-Penn-Hills-466851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Laketon TV & Appliance

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

LAKETON TV

AUTHOR: LAKETON TV - (USA)

That was not LAKETON TV fault KDKA put the wrong picture in but Laketon TV offered both consumers the stainless steel at no charge