suffering

• Reported By: Scott — Pahoa Hawaii
Lamps Plus Internet
9425 California Street Redlands, California USA

Lamps Plus and LampsPlus.com Refused order cancellation Redlands California

I purchased an unframed bathroom mirror online.  Afterward I reconsidered the purchase since Amazon had the same product for 1/2 the price I paid at Lamps Plus.  Also, Amazon offered free shipping while Lamps Plus charged me $92 for ground shipping.

Lamps Plus shipping policy states shipment in 3 to 5 days from date of order placement.  Less than two hours after having placed my order I requested cancellation and was told the cancellation would most likely go through since the order was so fresh.  Well, no sooner than I placed the cancellation request I received email from them stating that the item had already shipped and cancellation was not possible.  Checking the Fedex tracking number they provided I found that there was no record of the shipment.  So, they are scooping me, basically, for their exhorbitant shippping fee since I will have to pay return shipping.  And I know that my cost for returning item will be nowhere near their $92.

This is an unscrupulous company!  Do not do business with them.  Their prices are absurdly high and shipping is ridiculous.  And... they refuse to honor a customer's interest.  Bad company!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lamps-Plus-Internet/Redlands-California-92374/Lamps-Plus-and-LampsPluscom-Refused-order-cancellation-Redlands-California-1126525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lamps Plus Internet