Complaint Review: Landmark America II,

• Submitted: Fri, February 09, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, February 09, 2007

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Landmark America II,
1268 North River Road, Suite 1 Warren, Ohio U.S.A.

Landmark America II, Junk debt buyer suing me Warren Ohio

Landmark America wrote to tell me they had bought a loan I had with a local bank and now wanted immediate payment for the FULL amount owing. I disputed that I owed anything but if I did would they tell me what the amount is. I never heard back from them until I got a summons for the full amount. I know this company buys distressed or junk debts for pennies on the dollar so I asked them again to tell me what I owed and what they paid to buy that alleged debt. No response.

My question is this. When a company buys a junk debt can they legally come after the debtor for the full amount or only seek to get back what they paid to purchase the debt plus the usual interest and late fee's etc?

Jonathan
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2007 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Landmark-America-II/Warren-Ohio-44483/Landmark-America-II-Junk-debt-buyer-suing-me-Warren-Ohio-235262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Landmark America II,