controlling

• Updated: Fri, August 31, 2012

• Reported By: Florida — Punta Gorda Florida United States of America
Larry Goins Filthy Riches
4607 Charlitte Highway Lake Wylie, South Carolina United States of America

Larry Goins Filthy Riches Offered a refund minus 10% - will not acknowledge receipt of course and process my refund - won't respond to email or phone messages Lake Wylie, South Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: History of this Issue

*UPDATE Employee: Refund Will be Issued

I ordered a course from a webinar. realized within a day that I did not have the time to utilize it. I sent an email asking for refund.

The course had already been shipped. I was told there would be return instructions in the box and I would be charged a 10% restocking fee. I followed the instructions and did not open any of the products. They kept me waiting for two weeks for a Return Authorization Number.

As soon as I received the Number, I shipped the course back and sent out an email that it was on its way.

The Post Office has confirmed that the package was signed for  at 3:49 p.m. on Aug. 20. I sent an email and left  phone messages requesting receipt of package and refund of my $900.00. I have had no response. Today is Aug. 30 and my mail and phone calls are still unanswered.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2012 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Larry-Goins-Filthy-Riches/Lake-Wylie-South-Carolina-29710/Larry-Goins-Filthy-Riches-Offered-a-refund-minus-10-will-not-acknowledge-receipt-of-co-934848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Larry Goins Filthy Riches

History of this Issue

AUTHOR: Melanie - (USA)

Please see the sequence of events below and then read company comments at end. Screen shots of all the support tickets submitted and summarized below are attached to this rebuttal.

July 31, 2012 - Ms. Cain submitted a support ticket at 5:20pm EST which is after business hours. This is Ms. Cain's initial refund request. She stated that the purchase was an impulse buy, that she wasn't even interested in buying/selling real estate and acknowledged the 10% restocking fee. The restocking fee is in place exactly for this reason. To protect the company from undue expenses and losses resulting from customer impulse buys. This course can no longer be sold as new resulting in loss of value much more than the 10% fee.

Aug. 1, 2012 - Our customer service rep responded to Ms. Cain that she will have Larry give her a personal call. This is because we like to ensure that the customer isn't just experiencing undue fear of the process. Yes we would like to save the sale however it is our desire to help our students get past the fear and Larry likes to speak with our customers whenever possible. The customer service rep included all her contact information, including phone, in this response.

Aug. 1 & 2, 2012 - Ms. Cain sent 2 more inquiries on the support ticket.

Aug. 2 - 10, 2012 - Our customer service rep tried unsuccessfully in having Larry give customer a call for a couple of reasons.

• Larry was traveling during this period.

• We had an employee leave the company thrusting the customer service rep into multiple roles she was unprepared to handle resulting in delays and customers initial support ticket accidently closed.
Aug. 10, 2012 - Ms. Cain submitted another ticket. Ms. Cain incorrectly stated that her initial contact was July 27th when in fact it was 4 days later on Aug. 31st.

Aug. 13, 2012 - Customer service responded apologizing and stating that she would have Larry call by the end of the day.

Aug. 13, 2012 - Ms. Cain responded that she did not want to speak with Larry.

Aug. 15, 2012 - Ms. Cain subnmitted 3 separate comments within a little over an hour.

Aug. 15, 2012 - Customer Service responded within 30 minutes of last customer comment with RMA number.

Aug. 20, 2012 - Received course return in our office

Aug. 30, 2012 - Refund issued minus the acknowledged 10% restocking fee and shipping charges incurred by company. Customer service rep admitted to human error for this delay. She honestly thought that she processed the refund the day the delivery was made. She didn't realize her mistake until this report was brought to her attention and she was questioned about it.

We believe that the refund, minus restocking and shipping fees, issued to customer in this particular case on Aug. 30th should be sufficient due to the refund request resulting from the customers "change of mind" regarding pursuing real estate investing. The company should not have to incur unrecoverable costs as a result of a customers impulsive and regrettable decisions.

HOWEVER...As a gesture of goodwill and due to the fact that we did have a certain degree of responsibility for dropping the ball, we will refund the restocking fee back to Ms. Cain but we will be unable to refund the shipping costs associated with delivery of product to customer.

It is our hope that the majority will see this situation for what it is and that we have made every effort to satisfy the customer

Refund Will be Issued

AUTHOR: Mama Bear - (United States of America)

I am the Chief Operations Officer of The Goins Group LLC and I want to assure you that your refund will be processed in full. I apologize for the delay.

I am not sure how you are attempting to reach our office but we are in the office and available every week day from 9am-5pm EST.

Please call 803-831-0056 at your earliest convenience so that we may resolve this issue for you ASAP.

If you have further issues, please contact me directly.