Complaint Review: Larry H. Parker, Attorney

• Updated: Mon, June 13, 2011

• Reported By: Sandra Lopez — Palmdale California United States of America
Larry H. Parker, Attorney
350 San Antonio Drive Long Beach, California United States of America

Larry H. Parker, Attorney L. Parker was hired by me at 33%, he charged me various charges over & I still don't have my $$ Long Beach, California

*UPDATE Employee: Defendants Can Stall Payments

I hired L. Parker to handle a car accident I was involved in. When I signed the contract with Parker I was told he charged 33% of amount given. The paperwork for me to sign to release the $ came on March 16, 2010. Parker stated they recieved the paperwork on April 6, 2010. In the papers it stated I would recieve my $$ within 30 days of their recieving the signed paperwork. Parker charged me over and above the 33% by well over $1,000, for said various charges, one being a ride to speak with the other parties insurance co. for almost $500.00 I should have recieved my so called $ by may 6 and still have not recieved anything. When I call Parker they say the check is in accounting or with the defense attorney. Before I signed the paperwork they were somewhat courteous....now they do not have the time of day for me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2010 06:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Larry-H-Parker-Attorney/Long-Beach-California-90807/Larry-H-Parker-Attorney-L-Parker-was-hired-by-me-at-33-he-charged-me-various-charges-604388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Larry H. Parker, Attorney

Defendants Can Stall Payments

AUTHOR: Brett C. - (United States of America)

Unfortunately, there are many reasons why a settlement check can be delayed.  In most cases, this is due to circumstances outside the control of our law firm.  The document in question states that once we receive the settlement check, it will take approximately 10 days to issue a check or 2 days to issue a direct deposit.  In this particular instance, the insurance company did not issue the settlement payment until 5/25/2010.  We issued a check to our client the next day on 5/26/2010.

In regards to our charges, our retainer agreement clearly lists charges that may occur during the processing of a case.  There may have been confusion with our contingency policy.  If no money is recovered by settlement or judgment, our clients are not responsible for these charges or any attorneys fees.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC