Complaint Review: Laser and Skin Surgery Center of New York

• Updated: Wed, March 26, 2014

• Reported By: DO NOT WORK HERE — New York
Laser and Skin Surgery Center of New York
317 E34th St New York, New York USA

Laser and Skin Surgery Center of New York LSSC Terrible place to work New York New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Company Response

I worked here about 5 years ago and have never been so appalled in my life. The culture of abuse, belittlement and general bad behavior fostered an enviroment so toxic and hateful I cannot believe I stayed so long. Imagine working with the enitre cast of Means Girls sans redeeming heroine. Now add the pressure of keeping employed to support your family.  There were times when the color of my under garments were checked to ensure I was complying with company guildlines.

I should have known when I got the hand book (which I still have because I couldnt believe what was written in there) and read "Please 'refrrain' (spelled exactly like that) from having homosexual encounters as it increases your chance of contracting HIV".  I was hired as a biller but then was pushed into an "appointment specialist" position because of the schmoozy way I handled clients.

I have seen them fire a girl for being black and pregnant. And the girls they DIDNT fire were kept in the back and away from pts because "no one wants to see an unmarried pregnant girl".  To this day when I see my old boss or any of her minions I have to take cleansing breaths to keep from spitting in their faces. Even the doctors dont stay there. It is a horrible, evil place run by a vapid, vicious crazy b***h that never made it to college.  The women who run that place validate misogyny.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laser-and-Skin-Surgery-Center-of-New-York/New-York-New-York-10016/Laser-and-Skin-Surgery-Center-of-New-York-LSSC-Terrible-place-to-work-New-York-New-York-1133772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Laser and Skin Surgery Center of New York

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Company Response

AUTHOR: LSSC - ()

We are surprised to see this complaint, and are sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your experience as an employee at our practice.  We pride ourselves on running an active and dynamic medical practice where our employees receive wide-ranging responsibilities based on their talents.  In fact, we are quite proud that a large number of our employees have been with us for over ten years and some over 20 years since the center was founded.

Many of these employees began their careers with us in clerical positions and now have administrative responsibilities with commensurate increases in salaries and benefits.  We are also pleased that, unlike most businesses, our employees have ownership in our business through our employee stock option plan.  We would very much like to address the concerns you have mentioned here but, as your posting was made anonymously, we are unable to reach out to you.  If you are willing to speak to us about this further, please contact us at your earliest convenience.