Complaint Review: Laser Cosmetica

• Updated: Wed, June 12, 2013

• Reported By: Heather — Randolph Massachusetts
Laser Cosmetica
57 West 57th Street, Suite 1209 New York, NY 10019 NY, New York USA

Laser Cosmetica abruptly closed Roxbury Mass location - no refunds New York New York

*Author of original report: it's true, they changed names

*Consumer Comment: They took my $1500 as well

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Changed their name!

I asked and saved for gift certificates to Sleek MedSpa in Braintree so I could get laser hair removal.  I finally saved up enough - only for them to have closed their doors to all locations except NY or FL.  Through word of mouth on Facebook, I found out thatLaser Cosmetica in West Roxbury was accepting former Sleek clients AND would let us use Sleek gift certificates in Laser cosmetica.  So I went and gave them my $800 in gift certificates.  My mother came with me and gave her own $1,000 in gift certificates and in addition opened a credit line.

Then, they closed one day.  No phone call, there were even patients in the waiting room and they said sorry - we have to close.  We will open a new location soon.  That was 5 months ago.  I have called many times, sent emails and left messages on their facebook page as recent as yesterday, 6/11/13.  Today - they closed down their facebook page!  They don't return calls or emails - I haveno legal recourse that I know of.  I filed a complaint with the BBB as well, but many cases there have been closed due to no response from the company.

Be very wary of Laser Health Spas and file official complaints if you were ripped off by them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2013 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Laser-Cosmetica/NY-New-York-10019/Laser-Cosmetica-abruptly-closed-Roxbury-Mass-location-no-refunds-New-York-New-York-1058689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Laser Cosmetica

it's true, they changed names

AUTHOR: pascarellimom - ()

Jen,

They did change names - Here's the new website truebodymedspa.com

I've still gotten nowhere with them.  We dont know what else to do except hire an attorney...

They took my $1500 as well

AUTHOR: Jen - ()

Omg, they did the same with me, but i didnt know they closed down up until today when i read your report.  i have been calling them and didn't recieve no respond.  They took my $1500, and this is not fair.  How come there is nothing we can do about it.

I read somone else wrote that they opened up a new spa named truebody medspa.  how true is that? did you try it?

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Changed their name!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I believe that they have merely changed the name of the company in New York to "True Body Medspa." There is a phone number on their website. Hopefully you can get some answers now...