Complaint Review: MedLaserDepot | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. MedLaserDepot focused on selling high end lasers & cosmetic equipment, to dealers, & consumers. MedLaserDepot positioned to buy & sell late model equipment, sources include banks, repossession firms, manufacturers’ representatives, & end users. MedLaserDeport purchases then re-sells equipment. All equipment fully serviced, certified prior to resale.

• Submitted: Fri, April 25, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, July 16, 2014

• Reported By: Laser CME — St Pete Beach Florida
Laser Repair Depot
8280 NW 27th Street #515 Miami, Florida USA

MedLaserDepot REVIEW: MedLaserDepot’s executive team & employees dedicated to customer satisfaction. MedLaserDepot’s approach to business focused on providing highest customer satisfaction in the industry. Palm Beach, Florida & Nationwide
*UPDATE: MedLaserDepot pledges their commitment to always improving operations by joining Ripoff Report’s Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer by increasing their confidence when doing business with a member business. MedLaserDepot is recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

IMPORTANT UPDATE JANUARY 26 2015: MedLaser Depot remains committed to increased customer satisfaction and has improved their business practices over the years to better serve their customers. MedLaser Depot is truly dedicated to making sure their customers are satisfied and that any complaints which do arise are addressed promptly and fairly.

To date, MedLaser Depot has made good faith efforts to resolve all complaints reported on Rip-off Report. Based on our experience, the member business has proven to be among the top members of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program as a Verified Safe Business™.

Over time and since becoming a member, MedLaser Depot has remained actively engaged and improving the way they address customer service complaints. As an active and current member of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program we are happy to report that now more than ever MedLaser Depot remains committed to improving customer satisfaction. [continued below]....

.....

Remember, no company or individual can ever satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. There are no products or services that will always be perfect for everyone and even the best companies will receive complaints from time to time. However, by participating in the Corporate Advocacy Program, the member business has made a commitment to working with its customers to resolve complaints quickly and fairly whenever possible.

Please keep in mind that as a consumer you have some responsibilities as well. Success has many definitions that based on your past experiences, current situation and your perceived expectations. Success with any product or service is always based on the proper application and understanding. The fastest car will not run if you never turn the engine on. Look at how you used the product or service that was provided in relation with the instructions that you received. The Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program will help you get your voice heard but please be prepared with documentation and fair representation of your concern, also have an idea of how the company can fix your concern. Can they offer additional services, extend warranties, offer a fair refund or just get you talking with someone that can help. ..let them know and let us know!

*Any consumer not receiving satisfaction from a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program should email us at editor@ripoffreport.com
 MedLaser Depot is Rip-off Report Verified

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to MedLaserDepot for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with MedLaserDepot have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. MedLaserDepot listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

MedLaserDepot’s owner, Samuel David, "Our extensive experience has taught us how not only to buy the best equipment, but how to sell equipment in a VERY competitive market segment. Selling good equipment starts with BUYING good equipment. Our depth of relationships within the industry, allows us to choose the best equipment for resale. This ensures our customers (you); get the very best equipment available on today’s market. MedLaserDepot.com is a company that has a very focused effort to sell high end lasers and cosmetic equipment, to both dealers, and end users. MedLaserDepot.com is positioned to buy and sell late model equipment, our sources include banks, repossession firms, manufacturers’ representatives, and end users. We typically purchase, and re-sell equipment. We will however also broker in some unique situations. Regardless, all equipment is full serviced, and certified prior to resale.

We treat our customers as the most important part of our business, as they are. We try to add as much value as we can wit consultative sales, and assisting thru the sales process and after. We have added a few new layers of customer service to assist in addressing customer issues with a methodical process. We also have a newly focussed process thats puts the customer first, regardless of the origin of the issue. Even post-warranty, and patient treatment questions.”

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Samuel Lehrer during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward MedLaserDepot.

MedLaserDepot is Ripoff Report Verified

MedLaserDepot is a company specializing in selling off-lease, repossessed and traded-in cosmetic lasers and equipment. Primary customers for these products are physicians, medical spas, and dealers. MedLaserDepot’s business consists of approximately 40% export, and 60% domestic. Leads are typically acquired through internet searches and advertising, with approximately 80% of their customer base coming to them this way. Other sources of leads include trade publications and mailers.

The typical sales process at MedLaserDepot begins with a new potential customer contacting the team at MedLaserDepot to inquire about their available products. A sales representative will discuss the inventory with the customer and at that point, the customer will decide if he or she would like to view the equipment. Local customers are able to view the equipment in the showroom, while customers who are farther away or overseas have the option of viewing the equipment via Skype, Facetime, or other video messaging service. Shipping services are also available, and MedLaserDepot assists in arranging the shipping for both domestic and international orders.

MedLaserDepot Customer Complaint Resolution Services

"At times, a customer may not feel satisfied with the service or product they received. Most often, if a customer is unhappy and lodges a complaint, it is regarding the shipping time of the equipment. This is the case with a complaint posted to Ripoff Report. “[Our] equipment is repossessed or off-lease, which is explained in the shipping terms. It could be a week or a month, depending on the time spent on paperwork. [It is] all dependent upon where the equipment is located,” explains Samuel Lehrer, a representative of MedLaserDepot. In this case, “[the] customer decided to issue a complaint via Ripoff Report. The issue may have been resolved if allowed some more time, but a refund was issued to the customer,” states Mr. Lehrer.

Since receiving the complaint on Ripoff Report, MedLaserDepot has taken several steps to improve their sales process and avoid customer complaints in the future. They have begun issuing a disclaimer to all their customers at the beginning of the sale process stating that shipping may take up to a month, depending on the location and status of the equipment. “[We] also make sure to keep the clients updated on the shipment. Which, understandably, can make the clients upset when hearing it may take longer than expected,” states Mr. Lehrer. They have also lifted some of their more rigid policies that were in place regarding refunds and credits, making them more available to the customer if the situation warrants it, and are striving to be as clear as possible throughout the sales process.

Mr. Lehrer and the rest of the team at MedLaserDepot recognize the value of working with Ripoff Report and the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, and the platform it provides for businesses and clients to interact and resolve issues. “This will give us a chance to eliminate negative feedback,” states Mr. Lehrer.

MedLaserDepot / Statements from the owner Samuel David

"We also work on individual requests for specific pieces of equipment. Many buyers have specific requirements that may not be met with current/immediate inventory status. We do however have the ability to search our specific requests, for discriminating buyers. You tell us what you want, we’ll find, fast, and at a fair price. There are a lot of choices in today’s market. We look forward to the opportunity to help you make the RIGHT choices. Whether you buy from us, or somewhere else, we are always available to assist.”

MedLaserDepot Customer Testimonials

"Today we received the Laser machine and I wanted to take the time to thank you for all your help. It has been a great pleasure working with you. Your team is great to work with especially Ulysses, Juan David and your drivers. All very nice, patient and willing to help with anything. Everyone has been extremely friendly and very helpful. I am happy to say that I received the machine with great timing. And giving us a free loaner is something NOBODY has even done for us. You saved our lives, we would have lost so many patients. You provided me with great service since day one. After several bad experiences with the past with outher repair companies I have tried, I can finally say with all honesty that I am very happy and content with my results. Thank God I found you and again I am very pleased with your services. I wish you the best of luck and we will definitely have a good business relationship where we can always count with each other. Thank you again and have a blessing day :)" ~ Odalys, IdeaLaser Cosmetic Center - Miami, FL

MedLaser</><br><br> <span style="We recently had a VERY harrowing experience purchasing a star-Lux 500. We contacted MedLaser, and I spoke with David. Regarding what we were looking for, and various configurations the Palomar lasers offer. He was very knowledgeable, and I was really impressed with the time he spent, and his help in guiding me into just the right machine. We had already demo’d the equipment with the local Palomar rep, and we found David to be more knowledgeable than the actual Palomar rep. So needless to say we were ready to buy (more than 50% off). We signed the contract, and we were ready to take deliver. When the local Palomar rep (I will not give his name) found out we bought a used laser, he was quite upset. The next day we received phone call from the rep, telling us the laser we were purchasing had a lien on it. He also said some very disparaging things about buying used equipment, and David. I hung up the phone, and I was super nervous. I contacted David, and shared my concerns. He was very understanding and helpful, he assured me this was simply a way to try and sell new lasers, and he would get the necessary documentation I needed from the bank. After researching the serial number, we came to find out that only was there no “lien,” but the system was NEVER EVEN FINANCED, the original owner had paid, in full, on his American Express). I was given a copy of the statement, and a letter from the previous owner (I have even attached a copy of that actual American Express bill from the previous owner, there was no way to fake that). I have to say I was ready to cancel my order when I hung up the phone with the local rep, and really tempted to just buy the new laser. However my husband and I figured we would wait and see what documents came back, and when we saw them, we were REALLY supervised. EVERYTHING that was said was fabricated… Even more disturbing was how VERY badly they spoke about David and his company. I was disgusted at the lies, and believe me I made it known. I am writing this only to share what I have experienced, I cannot speak for others, but I definitely had a good experience with David, AND saw firsthand, how really difficult they made it for David. So that’s my story. Long, but it was an experience to say the least. We have since bought some additional hand pieces, and all has been fine. We did have one break, they fixed it, and so far so good.” ~ Angel Turlington

MedLaser</><br><br> <font color=STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM YOUR COMPANY NAME

MedLaserDepot has gone to great lengths to improve their customer service and believe these 4 things:

1. In business these days it’s not IF you have problems, it’s HOW they are dealt with.
  2. We have learned that a good attitude goes A LONG way when dealing with customer service issues.
  3. Although a refund is never the desired outcome, in some cases it is the warranted solution.
  4. Ultimately our goal is that a customer will come back to us, and/or refer us to others.

MedLaserDepot recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report’s Investigation MedLaserDepot has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience. In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with Mr. David, Ripoff Report is convinced that MedLaserDepot is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customers.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

------------------------------

Laser Repair Depot the med laser depot, Med Laser depot Tried to extorte money for unauthorized repair then damaged laser after switching out my factory parts and kept machine for almost 5 months Miami Florida

I was told I would receive a free estimate for my Cutera cool glide which was turning on and showing a code that tells what is wrong with it. We bought the machine new from the factory and paid over $60,000. for it and never opened the med-spa we planned. It was only used on a few people and had very low hours of use. Durring a treatment on my husband the power just fazed out. I found the laser depot on-line advertising free estimates so I called them and was told the same. My laser was promtly picked up on September 11, 2013. I was told there would be no problem if I did not want the laser repaired or the estimate was to high and I would have the laser back because they were in my area on a weekly basis.

After not hearing anything from the company for a few weeks I began calling to find out the status of my laser. I had to call several times and left multiple messages with no return call. My husband then called and was told that they had to replace a power supply to see what was wrong with it and we owed them around $2,000 plus there were other things wrong with it. He told them we had discussed receiving a FREE estimate which was not given up to this point and we did not want repairs done on the laser. My husband told them that we were looking for an investor and if we found one we would think about having the machine repaired but up to date did not have one. He was given a name of a spa to call to see if they might be interested so he told them if they wanted to hold our laser while we contacted these people instead of moving the laser back and forth we would do that.

When my husband told me about this converstation I immediately called the laser depot back to tell them that I did not want them to hold my machine and I wanted it back and this was approximatly 2 weeks after they spoke. After weeks of calls and leaving messages stating I wanted my laser back I finally received a call back stating that all of the work had been done and I now owed them over $6,000. I stated that the work had NEVER been authorized! He told me that my husband authorized the repairs and the call was recoreded. I said I hope it is because he would have never done that because we did not want the repairs done at that time especially after saying we owed money just to continue to see what was wrong with it and falsly advertising free estimates.

I asked for my laser to be returned in the condition it left in. I was told I will not get a working laser back unless I gave him some money and asked if I could borrow the money or put it on a credit card. I told him, "no". He then said he would buy it from me but for parts, I again told him no, I wanted the laser back the way it was given to him. I gave him a laser that turned on and worked although it did not emit the power necessary to do the proper treatment and I wanted it back in that condition, the way it was given to him. He told me I would not get a laser back that worked without giving him some money.

In December of 2013 I was told by another spa that they would rent it from me if I could get it back and this company was known to do this to people. After I was given some information about different names they used I found the reports from other people that had been wronged by this company.

In mid December I found a note on my door saying they came by to drop off the laser but didn't call me beforehand to tell me they were coming. I WAS home when they say they came by, my cell was in the next room and I did not hear the ONE attempt the driver made to call me when he was in my driveway. I saw I missed a call and called back but was told he was out of the area and would return the next week. He did not come back the next week and I was given several more excuses as to why it was not returned.

I called almost every day for weeks asking for the laser to be returned, finally the receptionist advised me to e-mail the owner which I did begging him to return my laser. He told me that he had to do repairs then undo them free of charge and was asked to hold my laser which he also did free of charge and would get it back to me when he was in the area. I did not bother to respond to his scued statements because I was afraid I would get my laser back in pieces. I did respond and tell him I had an interested party to purchase my laser and a renter and I needed it back in a timely manner.

On January 27th I contacted my local sheriff department to see if they could help with this matter. One day later I received my laser with a different power cord and NO foot pedal and a different handpiece so I could not use it even once it was returned. The driver said the foot pedal would be overnighted to me which was NOT done and took a few more months to get it back.

Now my laser is completely RUINED! It turns on but does not chill the handpiece which they switched out. No error codes are given. IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING ANYMORE! It gives 0000 and none of the buttons work, NOTHING WORKS ON IT! I'm a laser technician and have used this same laser in several different spas and it doesn't even make the sound it is supposed to when starting up. I have lost a valuable laser because of this company and have been given a shell of a machine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2014 08:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/laser-repair-depot/miami-florida-33122/laser-repair-depot-the-med-laser-depot-med-laser-depot-1141655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Laser Repair Depot