Complaint Review: law office of cohen & slamowitz

• Submitted: Wed, May 16, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, May 16, 2012

• Reported By: Grandma — buffalo New York United States of America
law office of cohen & slamowitz
199 crossways park dr woodbury, New York United States of America

law office of cohen & slamowitz Have not been able to validate the debt they say is from Capitol One , 3 years ago I asked for validation and they can't provide my signature , now they say they are going to sue me . I was NEVER serv woodbury, New York

I wrote to the alleged creditor in 2009 Capitol One and asked for them to verify the debt with my signature. They never sent me any proof. Now 2 weeks ago I receive a summons from "The Law Office of Cohen and Slamowitz LLP. I was never served . I had made a copy of the original letter I had sent to Capitol One, I faxed it to them along with the copy the letter was certified. This collection agency is a rip off, no one has shown me proof of my signature in 3 years. They are well aware they only have 30 days to validate the debt. So what this means is they have broke the law according to the FDCPA. No proof in 30 days, then attempt to sue me !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2012 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/law-office-of-cohen-slamowitz/woodbury-New-York-11797/law-office-of-cohen-slamowitz-Have-not-been-able-to-validate-the-debt-they-say-is-from-883680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on law office of cohen & slamowitz