Complaint Review: Law Office of James Caplan, P.A. Scott Winters

• Updated: Sat, May 14, 2011

• Reported By: morgan — California United States of America
Law Office of James Caplan, P.A. Scott Winters
824 US Highway One, #100 north palm beach, Florida United States of America

Law Office of James Caplan, P.A. Scott Winters Loan Solutions, Scott Winters, Law Offices of Cioffi & Caplan Lied to me, Lost my home, sent NOTHING to mortgage lender, did NOT postpone sale date north palm beach, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: James Caplan, Honest and Legitimate Attorney

*Consumer Comment: Sorry

Loan modification company that required money upfront.  Said they were dedicated to getting each client a modified home loan and would stay with the client until they received an agreeable modification.

Law Offices of James Caplan aka Loan Solutions  and SCOTT WINTERS ( his paralegal is NICOLE CAPIELLA) told me that they postponed the sale date of my home for a month when in truth, I discovered, it was NACA that had postponed the sale date.  Scott Winters had one month to file my HAMP or other modification application and package to bank of america.  His paralegal, nicole capiella, requested a ton of paperwork for this application package.

I sent in all the paperwork, spending over $125.00 for fed-ex and fax.   I also paid them an upfront fee, which they required.  They would have had the full amount of $3,000 had I put the remaining balance in my account before finding out they did nothing with my application or the documents I sent them.

They never submitted my application, never even requested to postpone the sale date of my home.  They told me that everything had been sent to the lender 6 days before sale date and that they had requested to postpone sale date.

I called bank and found out they did nothing, NOTHING.  As a result I lost my home.  Had they just been truthful and told me that they did not send in application, I would have been able to take other measures to save my home and stop the auction.  This home is the only thing I have left and I had put my entire retirement savings into keeping it.

Scott Winters told me that they had spent the entire month just trying to stop the new sale date, which is totally ludicrous.  He lied and when asked questions, he knew nothing and was always going to get back to me after having a meeting with their lawyer, James Caplan.  Do NOT use this company.  They are a Rip Off organization.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2011 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Office-of-James-Caplan-PA-Scott-Winters/north-palm-beach-Florida-33408888/Law-Office-of-James-Caplan-PA-Scott-Winters-Loan-Solutions-Scott-Winters-Law-Offices-718113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Office of James Caplan, P.A. Scott Winters

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

James Caplan, Honest and Legitimate Attorney

AUTHOR: James Caplan - (United States of America)

Dear Friends
I have been compelled to write this response to a comment made towards myself and the good people of my law firm.  Under normal circumstances I would not extend the satisfact ion of a response to some ridiculous allegations about work not being performed by my firm, and some link or partnership between my practice and another attorney.

For the record, I was admitted to the Florida Bar on September 21, 1990 and am a graduate of Nova Southern University. I have practiced Law continuously in Florida for over 21 years, without a complaint. I treat everyone with honor, respect, and integrity.

There are several proper ways to voice your concerns and actually get something a response to the issue. First call me, send an email, or write a letter and send it certified so you have proof that I received the letter. These web postings
are without merit and in most instances the authors do not disclose who they are. My staff works very hard and they do great work, but I get annoyed when someone is able to write a comment about my staff without providing any form of
proof or merit. This sickens me to the core, I have worked extremely hard to build a solid honorable reputation and to think that my reputation can be tarnished by mystery writers providing no documentation of the occurrences is wrong. It appears to me that these are very frustrated individuals going through difficult times lashing out at whomever they can. One thing is for certain, I did not get them in the position of losing their home, I did however due everything in my power to help. If you would like to discuss further please contact me 888-315-5681,  or 824 US HWY 1 North Palm Beach, FL 33408

Sorry

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

Sorry but you had to be way under water if your house was sold at auction that fast.

These bail out companies suck but this is your fault. You took out a loan on a house you couldnt afford,  and instead of sending money to the bank that has your mortgage, you sent it to a modification place ONLINE