• Report: #1019339

Complaint Review: law office of richard clark

• Submitted: Sat, February 23, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 23, 2013

• Reported By: Susan — matthews North Carolina U.S.A.
law office of richard clark
3030 S. Gessner suite200 houston, Texas United States of America

law office of richard clark not living up to a promised amount paid..sold remaining balance out to another company anyway houston, Texas

I owed hhf more then $8695.44.i was unable to pay anymore due to days cut on my job. My account was sold to the Law Office Of Richard Clark in Houston Texas. An agreement was made for me  to pay $3578.60 at $150.00 a month and the rest would be written off.

I kept my agreement  and even recieved a letter of payoff from the law office. At the  end of 2012 i recieved a 1099c from the I.R.S..The law office sold the remaining balance of $5116.84 to a collection agency by the name of" CACH" who sent the remaining balance to the I.R.S

as income on my part.now i have to claim this amount as income which is "believe it or not"  legal. Beware of any collection agency making a payoff deal the remaining balance may still be on you not only is this wrong of the collection agencies with lies but this is so wrong of our government making it legal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2013 10:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/law-office-of-richard-clark/houston-Texas-77063/law-office-of-richard-clark-not-living-up-to-a-promised-amount-paidsold-remaining-balan-1019339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on law office of richard clark