respectively

• Updated: Mon, June 27, 2011

• Reported By: KJL — Marysville California United States of America
Law Offices of Howard Lee Schiff
10 Dorrance St. 515 Providence, Rhode Island United States of America

Law Offices of Howard Lee Schiff Relentless, unsolicited phone messages for over 2 months Providence, Rhode Island

I, unfortunately, have a similar name, but not an exact match, to a person who has obviously generated a bad credit history along the east coast.  Problem is, I've NEVER lived along the east coast, nor do I have ANY TYPE of bad credit or uncollected debt!

This firm began contacting me a few months ago.  An automated voice would leave a message on my voice mail EVERY Saturday.  The message was NEVER complete.  It would be garbled.  My voice mail would cut it off.  The only thing I could ever understand was it was a debt collection and my name.

When I decided to take action and call the number on my caller ID on a Monday morning, I had to have the person on the other end of the line repeat the law office's name 3 times (she mumbled; spoke quickly; and was rather curt).  Their recorded message purposely garbled the law office's name; it repeated at least 3 times while I was on hold and I could NEVER understand it! By the way, I'm not elderly, have excellent hearing and was a phone receptionist for years, so I DON'T usually have a problem.

I supposedly have had my name removed off of their list, since I am not the person they are looking for.  There are hundreds of people across the country with the same name.  One of us has a problem paying bills.  She has caused me aggravation beyond belief!  I'm a military spouse, so every time we move, debt collection agencies start calling me.  It has taken more than 2 years with this move to get the majority of them to realize I am NOT the person they are looking for.  Then they "sell" her debt to someone else, or I move and it will start all over again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2011 06:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Offices-of-Howard-Lee-Schiff/Providence-Rhode-Island-/Law-Offices-of-Howard-Lee-Schiff-Relentless-unsolicited-phone-messages-for-over-2-months-745804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Offices of Howard Lee Schiff