• Report: #1119694

Complaint Review: Law Offices of Michael A. Haber, P.A.

• Submitted: Thu, January 30, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, January 30, 2014

• Reported By: Mike Haber — Miami Florida
Law Offices of Michael A. Haber, P.A.
Law Offices of Michael A. Haber, P.A. BOUTIQUE C Miami, Florida USA

Law Offices of Michael A. Haber, P.A. Michael A. Haber, Esq, 305-381-8686 - 305-798-2220 Shady, Pompous, Scumbag, Greedy Miami Florida

*Author of original report: MICHAEL HABER CALLS PERSON SEEKING HELP POMPOUS - BE CAREFUL

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Pompous, classless and shameless

*Author of original report: RYAN SWEET WILL BE SUED FOR CALLING PERSON POOR!

*Author of original report: Seems RYAN SWEET life must be so boring he has time to sit around and gossip about other peoples business.

*General Comment: Fake harassment report from angry non-client

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Baseless & Bogus

*Author of original report: Pompous - Michael Haber Calls Question Asking Poster - Pompous!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Baseless and Bogus Report. Nothing to Ripoff.

*Author of original report: You like that?

*Consumer Comment: Mike,

*Consumer Comment: Mike,

In my opinion, I would STAY FAR AWAY FROM Michael Haber Attorney in Miami, Florida. He was pompous jerk to me about my situation and family. In my opinion, he is just another greedy attorney looking to bill you hundreds of dollars an hour or make you seem like you are going to jail if you do not pay him. He is the definition of what a scumbag lawyer is to me. I would never in my life let me children grow up to be a lawyer like Michael Haber or at least I pray they do not. This kind of jerkoff deserves to be in jail instead of helping people in tough times, in my opinion. I hope you guys do your due diligience when hiring an attorney.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2014 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Law-Offices-of-Michael-A-Haber-PA/Miami-Florida-33125/Law-Offices-of-Michael-A-Haber-PA-Michael-A-Haber-Esq-305-381-8686-305-798-2220-1119694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Law Offices of Michael A. Haber, P.A.

MICHAEL HABER CALLS PERSON SEEKING HELP POMPOUS - BE CAREFUL

AUTHOR: Mike Haber - ()

IN my opinion, I would stay FAR FAR AWAY FROM MICHAEL HABER in MIAMI, FLORIDA AND HIS LAW PRACTICE. HE HAS BELITTLED ME AND MY FAMILY CALLING ME POMPOUS FOR ASKING QUESTIONS. PLEASE DO NOT ASK A QUESTION TO MICHAEL HABER AS YOU MAY COME ACROSS POMPOUS TO HIM, AS I DID. I WOULD BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN GIVING HIM MONEY TO REPRESENT YOU, IN MY OPINION, HE PROBABLY TAKES CLIENTS MONEY AND THEN CALLS THEM NAMES LIKE - I JUST GOT MY POMPOUS CLIENT TO GIVE ME THOUSANDS ON RETAINER AND I'M GOING TO BILL THAT POMPOUS FOOL 250/HR EVEN THOUGH HIS SITUATION IS EASY TO GET OUT OF.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Pompous, classless and shameless

AUTHOR: Michael A. Haber, Esq. - ()

By any reasonable standard, (not in the anonymous Reporter's mind but in the real world, and more specifically when it comes to the subject of "cops and courts") this anonymous Reporter has no one to blame but himself for his legal dilemmas, the existence of which has nothing at all to do with money.   Sadly and unfortunately, it has everything to do with the convergence of bad luck, timing and circumstance.

Prothelytize as he might (against both a 22+ year veteran criminal defense lawyer with no - none history of grievances, complaints or discipline and a 10 year seasoned criminal defense lawyer, also but tack on his being an Honorably Discharged "highly decorated US Army Iraq combat veteran and paratrooper, with a Bronze Star"), at this point all that I can say is that this anonymous Reporter is not only pompous, classless and shameless but apparently he's also unpatriotic. * **

*  @ anonymous Reporter  - Now, just like Mr. Sweet, I too "...is libel. Real libel not an opinion that I was giving. He obviously is not libel lawyer. What a complete moron"

** @ RS/Esq.  Thank you.  I truly appreciate your unsolicited and appreciated support in this bizarre and borderline inexplicable situation and am now proud to share a trench.

RYAN SWEET WILL BE SUED FOR CALLING PERSON POOR!

AUTHOR: Mike Haber - ()

We all hit tough times, but RYAN SWEET statement " so poor he can’t even afford to pay a $700 ticket" is libel. Real libel not an opinion that I was giving. He obviously is not libel lawyer. What a complete moron. No one ever stated they were "so poor" just apparently do not have easy income like the two lawyers. Sorry I'm not 100k in school loan debt probably like HABER or SWEET. I actually work for a living, and went on AVVO to see how I could save the $700. These guys advice to just pay $700 when I actually have an EPASS and this is for that and missing a court date because of a death in the family. These guys are complete scumbags calling me poor and after something like this happens. Sorry do not have RICH family or whatever, so loose to have $700 sitting around. I would rather spend that money on my 3 and 5 year old YOU A-HOLE! WOW - I'm at a loss for words with these scumbags. You go on the internet and post a question to save some money, and you get called pompous and poor by two scumbag lawyers. These guys are internet bullies. I am so glad I posted this on RIP OFF REPORT. THEY ARE A RIP OFF! You do not need to have a law degree to see that how they handle an average human being. Good luck how they treat you, and I'm sure it will be at $250/hr. What a waste of money. I would never use these lawyers for anything.

AUTHOR: Mike Haber - ()

Ryan Sweet comes on here and sticks up for his fellow lawyer. What a moron! I would STAY AWAY from RYAN SWEET AND HIS BUSINESS IF HE IS STICKING UP FOR MICHAEL HABER in my opinion. HABER IS A NAME CALLING JOKER who trolls around AVVO.com and calls people that ask legitimate questions "pompous" for not knowing the law as good as him, and have legitimate problems. You can see by both Lawyer replies and the length of them how much of a joke they are. These guys, in my opinion, are both people who have nothing better than to belittle common people asking legit questions on the web. They are internet bullies to me.

#5 General Comment

Fake harassment report from angry non-client

AUTHOR: Ryan - ()

This “ripoff report” is a sham and 100% baseless harassing libel.  I would expect that the original poster (hereafter “harasser”) is or will soon become the subject of a legal action for his harassing lies.  I suspect the immediate follow up complaints were fraudulently posted by the same harassing fraudster.  Mr. Haber and I are now victim of the threats and harassment from this harasser.

Background:  I am an attorney.  I have no affiliation with Mr. Haber or the harasser and live on the other side of the country.  However, Mr. Haber and I were unlucky enough to encounter this harasser on a free legal forum called Avvo.  We lawyers donate our time and expertise to provide free legal advice to people seeking basic help.   Harassers who pull these stunts ruin it for everyone though.

On or about 31 January 2014, the harasser created a question for lawyers to answer, for free.  The harasser admitted to committing a crime on a public forum, and then asked how he could weasel out of it.  Four lawyers, including myself, answered the question giving essentially the same guidance.  Harasser admitted to being so poor he can’t even afford to pay a $700 ticket, and definitely couldn’t hire a lawyer, which was the advice of the lawyers.  Then he lashed out at Mr. Haber for reasons that are unclear and began attacking Mr. Haber.  It led to a downward spiral of professional advice by Mr. Haber, and more attacks by the harasser.  Then harasser created this harassing “ripoff report” as a result of his retaliatory nature and threatened to post more not only against Mr. Haber, but also me.

You can see the dialogue here and judge for yourself:  http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/florida-court-suspended-license-for-toll-violation-1581043.html#answer_3440024

I have no affiliation with the harasser, and he has never been my client or paid me a single penny.   I’ve been an attorney for over a decade with zero complaints on my license, and am a highly decorated US Army Iraq combat veteran and paratrooper, with a Bronze Star and an Honorable Discharge.  According to Mr. Haber, this harasser has never been his client.  Mr. Haber's record shows he has over 2 decades of legal practice with no complaints against him.  He (and I) are merely victims driving along the highway of life who were unfortunate to stop to help a stranded motorist and offer help, only to be attacked and held hostage by this immature, ungrateful and disturbed individual.   As with all civil and criminal wrongdoing, this too, will get resolved, one way or another.

Going forward:  Internet libel/slander is a very serious matter and could result in civil fines and other civil remedies.  It could also result in a criminal action for unlawful harassment or internet bullying, under both state and federal law which would be a very serious offense or offenses.  Threatening and harassing two lawyers, the evidence against him is clear, documented, and serious.  I have taken a screenshot of the Avvo page, and now this “ripoff report” to preserve the evidence.

Given that the harasser already has legal troubles, and already admitted to a crime on the internet, and he doesn’t have the resources to pay a ticket, forget hiring an attorney, this harasser would be wise to make some smart decisions now.   Smart decisions start with removing this and other postings, and stopping the nonsense.  I certainly take my license and reputation very seriously and I donate my time on Avvo and other sites to help people with simple issues.  I suspect Mr. Haber is the same way.  Posters like this juvenile person ruin it for everybody, because it becomes too much of a headache for Mr. Haber and myself to deal with this nonsense.

I expect this report (and other fake reports) to be removed at some point by the harasser or the website owner(s), possibly after legal action is taken but hopefully before it comes to that.  I've already been threatened by this harasser and, in the meantime, I expect to also be a harassment victim.  I hope this poster has the common sense and intelligence to realize that neither Mr. Haber, nor I, are going to let this issue go.  And our 30+ years of legal experience, sophistication, contacts, and resources certainly outmatch this harassing individual.   My recommendation for this harasser is to immediately remove this and any other internet slander/libel against Mr. Haber, myself (Ryan Sweet) and totally and completely cease this type of behavior.   Defending himself in more civil court actions, and very real and possible criminal state or federal criminal allegations if the authorities decide to take action for this, will cost him tens of thousands of dollars with serious penalties at stake if he loses in court.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Baseless & Bogus

I do not "troll" Avvo.

I answer folks' legal questiosn to the best of my limited ability.  Legal questions are sensitive and extremely consequential.  Most times only generic advise is proper, and usually a referral to any local, skilled lawyer is the best reply.  I do not EVER either solicit business for myself or steer any Asker to any other lawyer.  As a consequence I have NEVER said, intimated or otherwise suggested that anyone has to "pay me or go to jail".  The suggestion itself is illustartive of the nature of the Reporter.

The anonymous Reporter is disgruntled by the system (which was admittedly harsh on him) but chose to baselessly and bogusly make inane and preposterous allegations about me (such as suggesting that you are going to jail unless you pay me) when I dared to call him out on his arraogance and refusal to accept what is peer tested solid and practical legal advise.

Before you come to any conclusions please READ the record and decide for yourselves if I am the "shady, scumbag, greedy" lawyer that the anonymous Reporter baselessly and bogusly claims that I am.  Apart from this lonely and ludicrous allegation I have a spotless 22+ year record of providing exemplary legal services to my community.  A link to the Q&A that underlies the anonymous Reporter's baseless and bogus allegations follows.  Thank you.

Pompous - Michael Haber Calls Question Asking Poster - Pompous!

AUTHOR: Mike Haber - ()

Make sure you do not ever have a question for Michael Haber. He abides by the all questions are silly questions when he trolls AVVO looking for an ego boost. I asked a simple question and he referred to me as Pompous on a question forum. His only response to any questions you will have is to make you feel worthless and like you must pay him or you will go to jail. I would recommend NEVER using this lawyer unless you want him  to make you feel stupid, in my opinion.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Baseless and Bogus Report. Nothing to Ripoff.

AUTHOR: Michael A. Haber, Esq. - ()

My name is Mike Haber and I am the subject of a "Baseless and Bogus" (an inappropriate, utterly unmerited and simply spiteful) rant by an anonymous "Reporter" who has no basis in either law or in fact to have attempted to defame my professional reputation.

It is critical for you to know that the "Reporter" is not, was not and never will be a client of mine. In point of fact we have never met one another, we are approximately 250 miles apart and the extent of our "relationship" was my cyber-response (and a series of unfortunate subsequent reciprocal comments) to a question that he had posted on "Avvo" (a forum for folks to ask legal questions and get answers, advise or guidance from "cyber-lawyers" online) on Thursday, January 31st, 2014.

I maintain that the anonymous Reporter's Ripoff Complaint is both "Baseless and Bogus", and I will provide my own brief synopsis of the matter, but I ask that you kindly consider reading the actual underlying basis of the subject "Ripoff Report" and then come to your own conclusions as to whether or not I am a"shady, pompous, scumbag" as the anonymous Reporter would have you believe.

However, I do not expect anyone to take my word for it (just as I hope that you would not blindly accept that of the anonymous Reporter either), and I am therefore attaching a link to the subject of the Reporter's complaint so that you can read and judge it yourself and come to your own conclusions on the matter. Please see: avvo.com/legal-answers/florida-court-suspended-license-for-toll-violation-1581043.html

In a nutshell, the anonymous Reporter posted a question seeking advise as to what he could do to set aside a $700.00 judgment against him for failing to appear in court for various toll violations which were assessed in his absence. The anonymous Reporter / Asker indicated his belief that he was wrongly cited, that the Court wrongly denied him a continuance, that he was over fined and he allegedly wanted advise as to what his options were.

I informed him that his thoughts on the matter were entirely irrelevant (as they are - what is relevant is what he chose to do after the court has acted and his license was / is suspended as a result thereof), that regardless of his circumstances the Court was under no legal obligation to provide him any sort of relief, that an act of mercy from the court was possible and that he should locate a local experienced lawyer to assist him in preparing an effective presentation for the Court.

Not withstanding the fact that 3 other lawyer chimed in and gave him the very same advise as I (their responses are also visible on the above link) the anonymous Reporter / Asker took exception to mine and challenged me both personally and professionally. Admittedly my response thereto was terse, but it was also accurate - both factually and legally.

Unfortunately the same resulted in a downhill spiral of replies, which brought in another lawyer (whom I do not know and who practices in another State) to my defense (as, again, both legally and factually I was not only correct but was also attempting to provide the anonymous Reporter / Asker with a path toward a favorable resolution to his legal issue) and whom was also, for his actions, "threatened" by the anonymous Reporter with a Ripoff Report Complaint of his own.

The bottom line is that I did not ripoff the anonymous Reporter. What I did was to selflessly (there is no profit in it for me) provide him with legally sound advise on Avvo (as I have done for several thousand other askers, and which my record bears out as being solid - 10.0 and all around Top ratings).

In my 22 plus years of criminal defense practice, where I have represented thousands of folks on cases ranging from speeding tickets to murder one cases, I have not been the subject of any Bar Complaint or discipline. I am neither "shady, greedy nor a scumbag", although I may have been responsively pompous with the anonymous Reporter while pointlessly fueling his inane fire.

The anonymous Reporter has never met me, has never been represented by me, knows nothing about me, has no basis in reality or fact to make the claims and allegations that he has made against me (for instance, I do not even charge hourly rates) and his Ripoff report is utterly "Baseless and Bogus".

The anonymous reporter is angry that the system steam-rolled him (as it does many folks), did not want to pay his fines, did not want to hire a lawyer and apparently expected that someone (myself or another lawyer) owes him free legal services. His ire at me is directed at me calling him out as pompous - which his position in this regard most certainly is.

I could have been significantly more colorful in my description of him (as he inaccurately, vengefully and cowardly was toward me in his "Baseless and Bogus" Ripoff Report) but my intent was merely to drive the point home that if he wants to resolve his current legal issued and, more importantly, avoid bigger problems in connection with his now suspended driver license, then, whether he likes it or not, he should redirect his anger at the system, bite the bullet, hire a local lawyer (of his own choosing) and essentially do a mia culpa (which is specifically designed to achieve relief from the Court). Instead of understanding, appreciating or accepting this sage and sound advise, the anonymous Reporter / Asker chose to attack me, the messenger.

Now you know my version of events, have access to the "record" (the actual underlying basis of the anonymous Reporter / Asker’s claim that I am a "shady, pompous, greedy scumbag") and can come to an informed and intelligent conclusion of your own.

Thank you for your time.

You like that?

AUTHOR: Mike H - ()

You been scammed by this Mike guy as well? You should see his follow up on AVVO. He is such a creep and A hole. I would never want this guy as my lawyer.

Mike,

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

If you 'Google' this- SHADY POMPOUS SCUMBAG, it will take you to this Ripoff Report.

Mike,

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

If you 'Google' this- MICHAEL A. HABER, it will take you to this Ripoff Report. It means that anyone who does a Google search for Michael A. Haber will be able to read your Ripoff Report.