- Report: #1107862
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Lazy Boy
Lazy Boy5225 Johnson Drive Pleasanton, California USA
Lazy Boy Bad warranty, Defective Couches, Horrible Quality, Sh** customer service, Liars Pleasanton California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Let me just say I could have bought better furniture at the Goodwill. I bought 2 couches in Feb 2013 since then I have spent countless hours fighting with Lazy Boy regarding the QUALITY of what I purchased. Minh, my salesman lied to me about the warranty. Darlene, the manager, is another liar who refuses to provide me with name and number of anyone above her.
I have been fighting with this company since May 2013 with service issues. These couches are GARBAGE and so it their customer service. I even called their corporate office who directed me back to the service center in San Jose. I guess the question I have for the owner of this franchise is How many service calls do I have to have before you acknowledge the couches I received are defective??!! Your service techs have been out to my house at least 9 times to repair various items on these couches including a spring flying off. Admit that you sold me CRAP and give me my money back.
DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM LAZY BOY. You will regret it like I do.
Here is mt complaint I filed with the BBB-
Purchase in Feb 2013.
1. Minh, sales associate, told me I would receive a LIFETIME warranty on parts and labor when I purchased my coach and loveseat. LIE- Warranty is Lifetime on recliner parts and labor is only covered for ONE year after which I am responsible to pay for it.
2. Holly, Delivery Coordinator. Called me on a Tues/Weds to schedule delivery. Told me that I would recieve my delivery that Friday. LIE- Holly failed to add me to the delivery schedule so my husband took a day off of work WITHOUT pay waiting for furniture. They rescheduled the delivery for following Monday. Again my husband took another day off of work. This was in March.
3. The day off delivery I noticed that neither couch reclined as smoothly as they should. It was hard to recline and close. My husband it was because they were new.
4. 5 months later(JULY), I had to contact the service center. Both couches already had broken recliners and one had a broken seat. I called & spoke with Darlene, store manager, about what we could do with about the couches given that they were only 5 months old and having issues.Also, I was upset over the lie I was told at purchase. She said I can't do anything until we have a service tech look them. Let's talk after the tech comes out- LIE
5. Took the tech 3 weeks to come out(August). Said he needed to order parts which took another 8 weeks to come. Called Darlene, who said she wasn't going to take the furniture back. It was under warranty so they would fix it.She was beyond rude for a store manager.
6. Parts arrived beginning of Sept. Received a call from the service center who said I tech couldn't come until Sept 27th.
7. Received a call on Sept 26, telling me they had ordered the work parts so they were cancelling my appt on the 27.When I asked to speak with a manager,they called me back 20 mins later to tell me they found them.
8. Tech came out. "Repaired" the couches. Came home reclined a chair,spring popped off. Had to call service center again and take another day off of work.
Its December and my couches still have not been repaired. Still waiting for them to call me to schedule another appointment.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2013 09:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lazy-Boy/Pleasanton-California-94588/Lazy-Boy-Bad-warranty-Defective-Couches-Horrible-Quality-Sh-customer-service-Liars-P-1107862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.