Complaint Review: LBF TRAVEL, INC.

• Submitted: Fri, July 11, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, July 11, 2014

• Reported By: HonestAng — Fort Collins Colorado
LBF TRAVEL, INC.
4545 Murphy Canon Road San Diego, California USA

LBF TRAVEL, INC. Both tickets were $396. Until the surprise $300 "Agent fee" charged one day later onto my card by this company! San Diego Nationwide

As mentioned in the title, this company offered very enticing airplane ticket prices. I purchased these tickets. I bought only these tickets from this company. So imagine my surprise when I looked at my banking statement online and found a new $300 agent fee charged onto my card (one full day after the ticket purchases were processed through), alongside the tickets I had puchased.

In the span of one day, my air travel total had gone from a $396 price tag, to a $696 price tag.  I called the agency. It was a call center in India, and while I refuse to make generalizations, the service was less than adequate. The woman on the phone informed me that in fact, my trip now costs me $725.

I strongly requested an email verifying these ridiculous jumps in my travel rates. What I received about five minutes later was an email verifying my flights' booking information.  Nowhere in this email were reasons for these ridiculous charges mentioned.

What was mentioned in the email, however was the following: "Most fares are nonrefundable/nonchangeable, the few changeable fares have penalties ranging from $200-$700 per person."  I will do everything possible to get in contact with the manager of this company, as I refuse to allow any other first-time-travelers to experience the dishonesty show me by this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2014 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LBF-TRAVEL-INC/San-Diego-California-92123/LBF-TRAVEL-INC-Both-tickets-were-396-Until-the-surprise-300-Agent-fee-charged-one-1161316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LBF TRAVEL, INC.