Complaint Review: LBF Travel

• Updated: Fri, March 28, 2014

• Reported By: Michele — Richmond Virginia
LBF Travel
4545 Murphy Canyon Road, Suite 210 San Diego, California USA

LBF Travel BEWARE - may be a BOGUS company - phone # has a "Magic Jack" recording. Says no customer has been assigned this number yet. San Diego California

I just tried to book a fare online through SmartFares.com. I got down to the part where I process my credit card. Push the submit button, and it says to contact someone at the number shown on my screen, as there was a booking error with my card. I had no sooner gotten up to make the phone call, when I received a call from LBF Travel, asking me if I had tried to book a fare online. I told them I had. The gentleman - who sounded like he was outsourced from India - proceeded to tell me that the fare I wanted was no longer available, but that he could help me book another fare. We proceeded to do that - found a fare a few dollars more per ticket. He asked if I wanted to book the ticket, which we did. He then gave me a confirmation #, and proceeded to tell me that I would be receiving my etickets shortly, and asked if I had any further questions. All seemed OK, so we hung up. This all took place around 8:30PM Eastern on 3/28/14. It is NOW 9:15 PM, and I still have no confirmation email of my order. I started to panic, as the fare was about $1K, and he now had my credit card information.

I tried to call their contact number from my caller ID, which is also their contact number on their website, and I get this recording "If you would like to make and receive calls anywhere in the United States absolutely free, simply visit MagicJack.com and begin making calls for free. It takes only seconds - that's MagicJack.com. The MagicJack number you have called has not yet been assigned to a customer. Please check the number you have dialed, and dial again." I HAVE REDIALED FIVE TIMES AND GET THE SAME RECORDING EVERY TIME.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2014 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LBF-Travel/San-Diego-California-92123/LBF-Travel-BEWARE-may-be-a-BOGUS-company-phone-has-a-Magic-Jack-recording-Says-n-1134567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LBF Travel