Complaint Review: LD Products

• Submitted: Wed, June 04, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, April 16, 2012

• Reported By:Lakewood Washington
LD Products
2500 Grand Avenue Long Beach, California U.S.A.

LD Products - 4inkjets.com LD Faulty Remanufactured Ink Cartridges Long Beach California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: If only it were so...

*UPDATE Employee: Award winning customer service

Initially I ordered four HP ink cartridges for my HP Printer. When the first one failed to print, I call LD Products and was told to place the ink cartridge on a piece of wet tissue for a few minutes and then reinstall. This worked only until I tried to print again the next day, but I put up with it using my first two cartridges in this manner. Then the third cartridge wouldn't print at all and, after many phone calls and sending them back the two cartridges, they finally sent me a replacement for the two I returned.

HOWEVER, when I tried to use the last ink cartridge, it would not even install and my printer indicated an error and to check the ink cartridge. I tried over and over again. I then called LD Products to report this problem, and the first representative simply hung up. The second call, I asked the representative to not hang up and he told me that there was nothing he could do for me. I offered to return the cartridge so they could see it was new and that it just would not even install. He refused and told me I should never buy any remanufactured ink cartridges, which are what they sold to me. He's right -- these LD remanufactured ink cartridges either don't work well and you need to wet them before each use or they don't even install or work at all!

Ljem
Lakewood, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2008 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LD-Products/Long-Beach-California-90815/LD-Products-4inkjetscom-LD-Faulty-Remanufactured-Ink-Cartridges-Long-Beach-California-337209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LD Products

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

If only it were so...

AUTHOR: radiodocs - (United States of America)

This LDProducts employee seems to know what appropriate customer service should be.

Why am I still waiting for a response from LDProducts? I filed a report with them concerning a defective HP57 inkjet cartridge they sold me just about a week ago.

Award winning customer service

AUTHOR: Ld Products - (U.S.A.)

"the third cartridge wouldn't print at all and, after many phone calls and sending them back the two cartridges, they finally sent me a replacement for the two I returned."

I have worked for LD Products for 9 years. We have never, and will never require a customer to send back a defective cartridge for a replacement. Our policy is the same as it has been since the company started: If the product does not work, we try first to troubleshoot (paper towel method, ect.) if this does not work we replace the product with a pre-paid label to send us back our product ALL AT OUR EXPENCE! We actually trust our customers to send us back our products within thrity business days or receiving the replacements. Does that sound like a ripoff?

"I then called LD Products to report this problem, and the first representative simply hung up."

Sorry, he must have called from a cell phone because we have never hung up on any of our customers.

"The second call, I asked the representative to not hang up and he told me that there was nothing he could do for me."

We actually all talk on headsets. We have to wait for the customer to hang up to end the call. Im sure he didnt say "there was nothing we can do for him"... thats not even a real answer to his statement.

"I offered to return the cartridge so they could see it was new and that it just would not even install. He refused and told me I should never buy any remanufactured ink cartridges, which are what they sold to me."

Do you really think we, having our calls monitored, would say not to buy remanufactured inkjet cartridges? That statement sounds like he was a little upset when he wrote this. Fabrication of story? Just a little...

Truth is, he is still covered by our warranty and we would still refund him if he still has the cartridges. Our customer service is award winning and you can see it for yourself by going to 4inkjets.com or going to bizrate.com. Read our reviews from thousand of our customers at bizrate.com and see the truth about our company.