Complaint Review: LDC collection systems

• Submitted: Thu, February 13, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, February 13, 2014

• Reported By: christian92 — huntington beach California
LDC collection systems

I filed my taxes for the year of 2013 at the beginning of February. I received notification that both my state and my federal "e-file" W-2's had been accepted. A few days later they approved the amounts for the returns.  As I was trying to get an update on the status of my refunds, I found out that this LDC Collections Systems had intercepted my state refund without any sort of notification. So I called the number that was provided on the website, and it turned out to be a collection agency in San Francisco.  When I called, the man I spoke to told me that he couldn't help me unless I had a "citation number" or the license plate number to a vehicle that I know longer own.

I live nowhere near San Francisco, and the one time I did take a trip up there I received a street sweeping parking ticket that was paid shortly thereafter. The amount of the parking citation was paid in full almost two years ago now. I did not owe any money to these people, and for them to be able to swoop in and "intercept" my state tax refund is totally unfair. Especially without any kind of notification whatsoever. I would really like to get this all resolved, but nobody with their company will help me. The license plate on the truck I had a few years ago is long gone, and I definitely do not still have a copy of that street sweeping ticket.

They obviously have no desire to assist me in finding out that information, which I have to assume would be relatively easy to obtain. I know for a fact that I don't owe them any money for that ticket, so this was a wrongful interception of my tax refund. This isn't right that this company or agency or whatever you want to call them can just completely steal my state tax refund without any sort of notification or permission from me. When trying to find a website on "LDC Collection Systems", I came across a review on BBB.org (Better Business Bureau), and I am not the first person to complain about this company. In fact, BBB gave them an "F" as an overall grade due to the amount of complaints received from people about wrongful billing/collection and the failure to resolve these issues.

This is wrong that this is going on and nobody does anything about it. Yes, it's true I parked where I was not supposed to at that specific time, but I paid my dues for that violation. It is not fair that three years later they can just come in and steal my state tax return. I don't know if writing this (and im guessing it will not) will make a difference, but I worked hard for that money last year, and I'm sure everyone else did too. They have no right to take that money from any of you or myself. Hopefully this makes the slightest difference, but if not, at least I tried. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Huntington Beach, CA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2014 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LDC-collection-systems/SAN-FRANCISCO-California-94120/LDC-collection-systems-WRONGFUL-TAX-REFUND-INTERCEPTION-SAN-FRANCISCO-California-1123312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LDC collection systems