Complaint Review: LE Living Essentials - Cigarrest

• Submitted: Tue, July 29, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 29, 2008

• Reported By:Missoula Montana
LE Living Essentials - Cigarrest
170 Eucalyptus Vista, California U.S.A.

LE Living Essentials - Cigarrest Took $69.00 from our checking, using our debit card Vista California

My husband wanted to quit smoking, and mistakenly ordered the CigArrest product more than six months ago. I opened the package right away, repacking the portion of the product that would have to be returned to avoid any additional charges. I sent the product back, registered and insured, to the company.

I later called the number included in the box, and amazingly, I got to speak with a real person who assured me that there would be no more charges incurred, as they had received the product back. Now, here it is, six months later, and this $69.00 charge shows up from nowhere. We called the bank, who gave us the phone number included with the charge, and lo and behold, it was CigArrest who was fraudulently charging us.

Of course, I called the number and got the same recording as everyone else, which asks for your customer #, or your phone #, or your credit card #, in order to verify and process your request for cancellation of service and issuance of a refund for money taken. I used our phone number and was told by a recording that our request had been accepted and was being processed, and was given a confirmation number - #B8338978.

I called back several times and tried using different phone numbers to see if it made a difference, and the only one that seemed to work was the original phone number I had given them (the correct one). As I used the phone number to request the cancellation several times, I was given the same confirmation number each time. I don't know if this is a good thing, or a bad thing. Any suggestions on what we should do from here?

Our bank is one of the crappier ones that doesn't handle investigating fraudulent charges or work to protect our money from crooks like this company. Needless to say, we are switching banks and will only work with banks in the future that will protect our hard earned money.

Susan m
Missoula, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2008 11:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LE-Living-Essentials-Cigarrest/Vista-California-92084/LE-Living-Essentials-Cigarrest-Took-6900-from-our-checking-using-our-debit-card-Vista-357242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LE Living Essentials - Cigarrest