Complaint Review: Le Souk Harem

• Reported By: Al — Bronx New York
Le Souk Harem
510 Laguardia Place New York, New York USA

Le Souk Harem severely overcharged me New York New York

Myself plus 13 others (seven couples) had dinner at here on Friday, November 8th. Five couples had livingsocial vouchers. One couple had a groupon which included free hookah or pitcher of sangria. A $72 credit was supposed to be applied for each of the six vouchers (plus $25 for sangria pitcher). But instead of getting a $457 credit, only $250 was taken off the bill. We asked our waitress, Crystal, why our bill was close to $500 despite having less than one drink each and everyone exept one couple having vouchers. Her reply was: "This is how we calculate it here". To avoid a scene, I just paid bill and analyzed it next morning.

Called back the next afternoon and was told that I had to go downtown in person to try to resolve the issue. Went back that Saturday night (about an hour ride to get there) and saw Crystal who was with Mina the manager. Crystal started to argue that bill was correct, but Mina acknowledged the error and asked if I wanted the $207 in a Le Souk credit.  WTF?!?  No... I said I wanted a refund back to my credit card.

Mina took my credit card and left. While waiting for him to return, Crystal told me that the mistake wasn't her fault and that it was her manager's fault (despite the fact that she insisted it was correct the night before and just seconds earlier). Then she said, "oh well, mistakes happen", as if the bill was off by a few dollars (it was off by $207 and she didn't lift a finger to try to correct it). Mina then returned with my credit card and said that I would see a $207 credit in 2-3 days. When I asked for the receipt, he said that he couldn't give it to me because the credit was processed in the back room (second WTF moment).

After the fourth day with no refund, I called Mina. He said he would check if it was process already, and if not, he would do it. When I asked about following up, he repeated that he would do it if it wasn't done and didn't want me to call back (WTF?). The credit finally went through, but it was only for $107 instead of $207. I left a message with Mina, but still haven't heard back from him.  At this point, I feel that none of these mistakes are honest ones. It looks that they are deliberately trying to rip off their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2013 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Le-Souk-Harem/New-York-New-York-10012/Le-Souk-Harem-severely-overcharged-me-New-York-New-York-1100323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Le Souk Harem