Complaint Review: Legacy Financial Consulting

• Submitted: Fri, February 05, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, February 05, 2010

• Reported By: Anyonymous — Florida U.S.A.
Legacy Financial Consulting
400 Ramona Avenue, Suite 205 Corona, California United States of America

Legacy Financial Consulting Legacy Financial Consulting LLC LOAN MODIFICATION COMPANY SCAM ALERT/WILL HURT YOUR CREDIT Corona, California

Wow, is all I can say.  This economy is crumbling and you have people like this who scam you and destroy your credit

This company practices in DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES.   They have a Satellite company in Sanford FL, where the owners Son is the boss.

If you are behind or not behind on your mortgage it doesnt matter.  They promise to help you modify the terms of your exisiting mortgage.

They ask for an upfront fee of $2500 dollars, thank god when I stupidly gave it to them, it was a credit card, (but they pushed for a bank card).  My case was sent over to a supposed attorney who represents you (Steve Sanders not the character off the old 90210)...and then to a loan modification specialist named Gisselle Padilla (A woman who shouldn't be aloud to do customer service who ends up belittling you, yelling at you when she has your credit and lively hood in her hands.

I started this whole thing in june 2009 and man am I sorry I ever did.  I was told to stop paying my mortage payments, which would be the only way I would qualify for a modification.  They said if I was on time, my mortgage company would have no reason to modify my terms of my mortgage.  They told me not to talk to my mortage company and to refer all calls to them.  I was told any notices I received in the mail, just to forward it to them.  Long story short, I went into "foreclosure status" on Oct 2nd 2009, The only way to pull me out of that was to pay a large reinstatement fee.  I found this out 4 days after it happened.  I was tired of never getting a call back or receiving erroneous info so I called my mortage company and found this out a few days too late.   I immediately called them and demanded my money back.  I couldnt believe when they immediately sent me the 2500 dollars back.  (weird huh), scared of a lawsuit?

There should be a class action lawsuit against scum like this.  I tried to do a loan mod through my company and low and behold it takes 45-60 business days to hear back.  They first put you through the OBAMA plan to see if you qualify.  The only way to qualify is to pay more than 31% of your income to your mortage.  I make more than the requirements, so I was denied after that long wait. I was sent lawsuit papers and a hearing date was set for my house to go to auction in the meantime... I had to pay the large reinstatement fee to avoid that.. and now I am trying to do a traditional modification through the company.  We will see how this turns out.  I had to put myself in more debt to do that.  The mortage company only will accept certified funds (cashier's check or money order).  I had to pay with some money I already had and a convenience check from a credit card needed to be deposited in my acct and cleared so I could get a large check together and overnight it to the mortage company

Man I thought I was smarter than this.  I really beat myself up for this.  It caused a huge strain in my marriage, which thankfully is now better which much prayer and work.  Finances is the biggest fight in most marriages.

I want to sue this company, I think they are purely the devil in carnet and deserve to be sued for what they put me through and I am guessing countless others.

Sincerely

Tired of freaking scams

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2010 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-Financial-Consulting/Corona-California-92879/Legacy-Financial-Consulting-Legacy-Financial-Consulting-LLC-LOAN-MODIFICATION-COMPANY-SCAM-565105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy Financial Consulting