Complaint Review: Legacy For Life

• Submitted: Tue, January 13, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, January 05, 2005

• Reported By:- California
Legacy For Life
2725 Center Place Melbourne, Florida U.S.A.

Legacy For Life Nightmare Melbourne Florida

*Consumer Comment: Consumer and distributor View

*Consumer Suggestion: Legacy for Life

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: MLM - NOT FOR EVERYONE!!!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Bio Bull

*Consumer Comment: You are both wrong Johnney and "IL"

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Bio Bull, I like you believed in the product

To The Public,

If my story can help one soul escape the traps I fell for, the time I spent writing this is worth it.

What prompted me to write this was my latest encounter with them (and hopefully this is the last time in my life). Gina Bennett from their legal department called me at 6:35am in the morning (wonder where she learnt manners and business ethics, or maybe she did it on purpose to spite me, as it wasn't hard to determine time zone from a phone number) and told me that I cannot return my unused product because it was so long ago that I quit.

Wasn't there a law that says legal MLM is required to refund 90% of the product if returned otherwise the company could be termed a pyramid scheme? Anyway, she told me that Legacy does not do that. I understand their unwillingness to refund because I bought the product a year ago, but to say that the company does not honor the 90% policy is another matter.

Now why did I wait for a year to file a claim?

The first time I found out about Legacy was in 2001. The banned tape gave me the impression that BioChoice would sell itself, and nothing was further from the truth. Anyway, it took me 18 months full time in the business to learn that, even getting to National Marketing Director in the company did not help me financially.

I did not quit the business immediately after that, as I still had a lot of faith in the product (looked pretty good on paper right?), so I went to the president of the company and see whether we could work something out that average people can survive the business (like lowering the monthly requirement and sign up fee etc.). All I received from him was something like "You have been in the company for 18 months, 100+ distributors, you are not supposed to be making money with that because of the standard attrition rate, 200 to 300 maybe. Our comp plan is perfect, if you cannot keep 5 ~ 7 customers consistently using the product, you are not good enough to do the business".

So I asked him "If BioChoice is so fantastic, would it not be logical that my customers would upgrade and become distributors? Which then I will lose my volume." Reply "You just have to find new customers". I thought I started an MLM business in order to retire earlier than working a job, if I have to keep finding new customers, then I can never retire. My customer retention was 5% to 10% as well (and he said the product was not to blame, my customer service was the problem. Being full time and never respond to any inquiry later than 24hrs, I really do not know how to improve on my service), so I took his advice and try looking for something else more suitable for me.

By that time my sponsor had left and after giving up hope in Legacy, I reluctantly followed her into the new program. With Legacy being my first MLM, I did not know the rules. So the first thing I did was go back to the lists I bought when doing the Legacy business, there were quite a few people who were already involved with Legacy when I first contacted them. With my new program, I thought I would send them a mail and ask them whether they were still with Legacy and what their experience was like, briefly outlining my involvement with the new program (this was where I overstepped the rule). Most of the responses were no, and quite a few of them even tried to recruit me. Unfortunately some of the people I contacted filed a report against me and Legacy promptly terminated my distributorship.

Realizing my error I wrote an apology to the company and promised not to do so again. At the time George Booras was still the compliance officer, and he said he would talk to the president about reinstating my distributorship (18 months of full time effort at stake here, even though my paycheck was small). Over the 3 months period I left him many messages as well as emails, no response. At the end I found out he left Legacy. After the constant follow up I gave up trying to reinstate my account and only recently found out that I still have some BioChoice stuck in the garage, thus the attempt to return it. By the way, I quit the new program within 3 weeks as another health deal was not my cup of tea, but informing Legacy of that did nothing to reactivate my distributorship.

Here are my conclusions about Legacy:

- I was stupid to believe what I heard on the conference call about Legacy not caring about how many deals I did because Legacy was so solid that I would eventually go back to it. The minute I shift gear, so did my distributorship.

- I was silly to not calculate deeper when I heard Mark saying that his paycheck had gone up by about 10 times when he shifted his volume from NuSkin to Legacy. That did NOT imply that the pay plan was 10 times better. Considering the payout for standard MLMs being the same (~50%), let's say in NuSkin Mark received $1 million from $20 million payout, and in Legacy Mark received $10 from $20 million payout, where does the extra $9 million come from? Yep, the downlines. That was why my paycheck was so small in Legacy, all the money I generated went to my uplines.

- I was ignorant to not understand what frontloading was. It was common to hear Legacy claiming other companies frontload their distributors, but most of them have monthly fees lower than Legacy.

- I was blind to believe in the hype that Legacy was the first in BioTech and had no competition. Customers do not care about patents and how you make the egg works miracles, they care about how it makes them feel. And there are thousands of other products out there designed to make people feel better, and different people respond to different product. Competition? Yes - every other health based MLM and non MLM companies out there.

Lesson to Legacy - do not treat your distributors like dirt. You made me into a networker, and we talk, a lot.

IL, a Legacy victim
California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2004 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-For-Life/Melbourne-Florida-32941-0376/Legacy-For-Life-Nightmare-Melbourne-Florida-76969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy For Life

Consumer and distributor View

AUTHOR: john - (USA)

The person submitting the compaint had a legitimate complaint, he could not make any sales so this apeared to be a scam. I had the same issues when I first tried selling this product. My circustances were diferent. I reserarched the product and read medical research for weeks about the product and how it worked while studying about the immune system. I had a condition called osteoarthrits. The doctor  explained it was an autoimmune disorder in which my body was attacking it self with no known method of stopping it. I found I26 and connected the product with my condition.

I decided to try the product believeing the medical theory behind it and of course the years of data and reserach proving it worked. My option was to buy into it as a distributor for a substantial product discount or pay full price so I joined. Bottom line is I used it as suggested and in a total of six months saw my condition clear up and was doing physical therapy for the damaged area, my right shoulder. One more little detail I should mention was I also had psoriasis for many years and in the first 30 days it went into full remission. I also had X-rays of the healed shoulder, before and after and a doctor who never understood it.

My intentions were never to sell this product but my results made me think I should help others. Here's the problem all MLM people have. We deal with people who are disbelievers, have their guard up and always suspect we are selling them something. MLM has a stigma that is like a bad seed so selling is tough. People with an illness have no medical background so will never understand how I26 works. Selling to them is very difficult if not impossible. The product is not the problem, it works,  people are the issue. They've been sold many bad products for their disorders, have doctors who can't help and just hate the world. Worse yet is although the product has many benefits people are looking for overnight success which will not happen. Althouh it has tremendous health benefits most people wait until they are close to death  before admitting they should have done something for their health. Oh well.

The company back then was wrong for their mlm ethics, sell the business not the product but then that was the way mlm worked. Things have changed and Legacy while still an mlm based sales approach, has tried to make changes. The constant change in CEO's and other personnel indicates they have some issues. I have sold the product over the years to some. My wife and I use it because we have benefitted from it's health benefits. Selling this is a difficult task.

In closing I'll say ths is a geat product but difficult to sell because people just don't have the abiltiy to understand it or believe it can help them. You could sell some but maybe selling pet rocks is easier and more profitable. It would make a good addition to a mix of products but not as a stand alone money maker. People should do their homework before signing up to sell a product. Not everyone is honest and may sugar coat things to get you to join. There are no guarantees you will make a sale, only you can do that. Leacy does have a thriving businesss with many customers.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Legacy for Life

AUTHOR: I am not harrassing anyone..money income..absolututelely YEES - ()

The upside as a for National Director is the great science that is standing behind the product and Dr. Hellen Greenblatt, she remains a friend now for 14 years.  As to the 3 or 4 changing hands of ownership is an entirely different story; including my sponsor John King Howell III may he R.I.P. always looking for a better deal for quicker cash.  The sciences remains solid under the hand of Dr.Hellen@DrHellenGreenblatt.com.  I have not any fond memories trying to build a business among so many hogs at the trough of quick bucks or undermining of my attempt to build a solid business.  Hope to be rich trash in power is not any uncommon in business as it is in government that wants to achieve success on the back of the poor with hopes and dreamms.

However, Dr Hellen has been a lighthouse godsend of honor and intregrity.  Thom Cady, Fort Myers, FL

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

MLM - NOT FOR EVERYONE!!!

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

In pursuing the MLM dream I learned a lot about people, life and business. I didn't learn these things working with Excel or Melaleuca, I learned from the team of people that I worked with in Legacy. They made me feel right at home and very comfortable and very competent in my efforts. But as with most stories, there are 2 sides.

#1 - Excellent team support. From both the company and my upline. Sometimes people were hard to reach but that was because we were all doing the same thing - TALKING TO NEW PEOPLE. New people are the lifeline of any MLM organization. Recruiting and selling isn't something that everyone can do - you have to figure it out for yourself. Legacy as a company has nothing to do with your success - Your own efforts do. There are people out there making 20k a month selling water filters and "exotic healing juices." It all depends on the person and not all people are salespeople. Of course they won't tell you that when you sign up because as a salesperson, you never offer a backdoor - let them find it if they really want out. They let you figure it out for yourself if you are the person they're looking for. MLM success takes strong sales skills, so you're looking for good salespeople, you just never know what kind of diamond in the rough you'll find, so why pass up someone who doesn't seem a perfect fit. If you're mad because you were sold but didn't perform as needed - don't blame others for your failure - your success is in your hands.

Side 2 - I'll admitt that Peirsol and Yarnell could be misleading. Again, salespeople will take the truth and make it sound the best they can. That's their job. No, I26 didn't sell itself as implied. People simply didn't understand it. You were selling them on an idea they had never been educated on and providing a product that couldn't be seen working in most cases. People in my upline were misleading as well but I didn't let it get to me. In this world there is one entity that you need to worry about - Your Family - #1 - Me Myself and I - GOT IT? Tough fact of life, but Mark, Jeff and all the other big dogs in Legacy were doing just that. Looking out for #1 and I don't blame them a bit.

As for the terminations, yeah I knew a lot of people who were eventually terminated. Just after the Conference in 2003 as a matter of fact. James, The I Net Man. Bob and Sheila. Luke and Deb. Michael.... Any of these sound familliar. But then again, back to the old #1 bit, the company had to do what was best for the company. A leading team like Luke and Deb start cross recruiting, you bet they'll jump in. They were a huge part of Legacy's revenues. But you have to look at the facts. You could join any other company that you wanted to, work it as hard as you wanted to but don't talk to your Legacy team about it or they will nail you. And they nailed a lot of people. People were starting to look around because like some of the complaints I've read, no one was making enough. Mark, Hina and Greg were on top of the world, but we put them there. They put in 5 or 6 years though, not 18 months. They are also top notch sales people. See the trend?

I could go on and on about all this, but take it from me. Legacy wasn't the cause of your failure. Just like Excel and Mela weren't the cause of mine and neither was Legacy. My lack of abillity and drive was the cause.

At conference, I was awarded with a trophy, plaque and pin for being #5 in the company for recruiting, right up there with all the big dogs. Yarnell, to my knowledge, is the only one still there. Maybe I'd be making more than I was then if I were still there and took a little more time to develop before being sucked into the MLM junkie vortex that was created by a few "Leavers" I eventually quit MLM altogether.

They'll tell you anything to recruit you as long as it's not too far from the truth to be considered illegal. Believe me, I recruited 38 people in under 50 days. Many of you have listened to my recruiting calls if you were on select conference calls.

I won't ramble anymore, I'll start to sound like a networker. I welcome any input or feedback, but please remember. Anyone with the proper skills can make money in any MLM, it's not the MLM is the person. Take a look around and you'll see that when you pull down your defenses.

Bottom line - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SUCCESS - NO ONE ELSE!!! IT'S LIKE BLAMING THE AUTOMAKER BECAUSE YOU RAN OUT OF GAS!!!

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Johnny - (U.S.A.)

This is for Joeseph, in Watseka, Illinois. I beg to differ with you about not doing the things, that we needed to do. For your information, I spent a great deal of time, trying to sell this. I also took the product myself. I would have even been happy just to make enough to pay for my own, to take but seeing as I could not get anyone else to buy it, I could not afford it. I had buisness cards, printed up, and made flyers, and even put them up in other towns. And as I said before, when I discovered that the top dogs like Mark, had already bought the top spots in search engines, I had to wonder, if he is making so much money, why isnt he cruising on the Bahamans or something,if he has all of these other people under him. I do not think that it is right that when new people come in at the bottom, that they should have to compete with the top people, who have plenty of money to advertise, etc. That could explain a whole lot of why so many of us,(and I do mean many) there are pleny of others who couldnt make it either. And as for what I said about the F.D. A. I got it straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. I talked to them personally. But its just live and learn I guess. I do not begurdge you or anyone else who has made it. But I still feel like this company was very misleading. Like I said before, I was told that maybe I was not cut out for this, but they sure were not saying that when they took my money.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I wish you all the best.

You are both wrong Johnney and "IL"

AUTHOR: Joseph A. - (U.S.A.)

I to am a distributor with Legacy for Life, up until a year ago I had all the help I needed to succeed with Legacy until my upline left after receiving their dreams. But guess what? Now I have an upline that don't get paid from my efforts, but yet they are there for the conference calls, training, questions, and three ways! Why would they do this if they are not getting paid for it? Because the product immune26 actually does work if you give it a chance.
My family, friends, and customers have seen significant results from anything from the common cold to Breast cancer treatment! Yes my pay drastically dropped a year ago; this is because I got lazy when I hit my first goal, being at home with my family. I'm near losing my home and family right now, but for only one reason I GOT LAZY! And IL, after 6 months in the business my check was over $1000 per month. Not bad for an hour a day in a motel room!

Don't bash Legacy or immune26, they both work if you actually do the work and take the product. Keep in mind that if you don't actually work the 40 hours at your job, you would be fired!
Legacy does not require you to purchase product to get your paycheck, all they require is that you MOVE product, and if you don't hey you will be out of business! Do you think McDonalds would have that many restaurants if the Big Mac wasn't selling? Get honest with yourselves, you did not do what you needed to do to keep your business afloat, and neither did I, but I realize my mistake and will continue to work it the best way I can.

My kids have brought home trophy's from no missed school days THREE years straight, my mom was helping me build my barn with osteoarthritis in her wrists three weeks after beginning immune26, my sister has overcame her early menopause with immune26, my wife overcame leg cramping with immune26, my mother-in-laws doctor couldn't figure out why her blood tests were so good after chemo-therapy while taking immune26, need I say more?

Immune26 works and Legacy's pay plan works if your willing to do the honest work!

Distributor #551949

#9 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Bio Bull, I like you believed in the product

AUTHOR: Johnny - (U.S.A.)

This is to the guy in St.Louis, who was scammed by Legacy.... You.... are.... not... alone. They did this to thousands of people, thats how they got rich, I bought into it to.... Literally. I also purchased the whole buisness package and web site and it didnt take very long to find out that after they had your money, you were pretty much on your own, even though like you said they painted this pretty picture of how much help you would get.

I like you believed in the product and even took it myself and like you if it is as great as they say then how come no one is buying it... I sold one can in a whole year and it was to my best friend.. hahaha. But Im not laughing now. I also contacted numerous people int the company. I emailed Mark Yarnell and of course got no reply. I was eventually told by someone in the company that if I wasnt making any money then maybe this just wasnt for me... I didnt hear them saying that when they took my money...

After I got the website it didnt take me long to find out that Mark and the big dogs already had the top spots in the search engines, this was my first try at an online buisness. I also had gone to a website that report scams and they had information stating that Legacy had been warned that what they and their distributors were doing was illegal, of course I called the company and ask them about this and of course they said it was not true. Anyway I saw your article on Rip - Off Report. com and just wanted you to know... You were not alone.