Complaint Review: Legacy Travel

• Updated: Sun, December 18, 2011

• Reported By: Mary Lou — Escondido California United States of America
Legacy Travel
7610 Hazzard Center Dr. San Diego, California United States of America

Legacy Travel Promise Legacy Travel Legacy VTC, LLC Buyer Beware: Deceptive Business Practices - SAME AS IN PA. San Diego, California

i just had a very bad encounter with Legacy Travel. We had received a postcard stating that we had been selected to receive a 7 day/6 night cruise with airfare on Carnival.

When I did not contact them they called me and told me they were giving me a free 8 day/ 7 night cruise.  When we asked what it would cost us, we were told that it would only be only port fees and taxes. I asked if there was any additional cost receive the cruise/airfare.  They said no.  I told them I was not interested.

They called back several times even though I told them my number was on the "do not call list" and I had never done business with them and did not want to do business with them.

They said this was their way of sharing with us their services and we must bring ID and credit card.  It was to be a  2 hour presentation. We then asked why Legacy Travel would give away free cruises and airfare. We were told that Legacy Travel was new to the area and felt that the best way to spend their advertising budget was to provide these "gifts" and that we would then maybe use them in the future for our travel needs, and tell others about our great experience.

Finally we told them we would come by and never did.  I tried to find a local telephone number for the agency but there is no local telephone listing Legacy Travel in San Diego.  Promise, the lady who made the appointment, told me that I would receive a call and the called ID may be from a 386 or 321 area code.  She said if I needed to call them to use the 1-800-313-5125 which is the same number used on other complaints about this company.

I believe them to be the same company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2011 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legacy-Travel/San-Diego-California-/Legacy-Travel-Promise-Legacy-Travel-Legacy-VTC-LLC-Buyer-Beware-Deceptive-Business-Pract-811027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legacy Travel