Complaint Review: Legal Affiliates Group

• Updated: Tue, July 09, 2013

• Reported By: Devin Smith — Houston Texas
Legal Affiliates Group
1801 Century Park East 24th Floor Century City, California USA

Legal Affiliates Group / Ocean Ballard / Angela Charlette Ocean Ballard and Angela Charlette seemed genuinely concerned about helping me get my mortgage payments lowered. Century City California

*Consumer Comment: LEGAL AFFILIATES GROUP AND FAMILY FIRST ARE THE SAME COMPANY

*Consumer Comment: same as FAMILY 1st

In June of 2012, a representative, Ocean Ballard, from Legal Affiliates Group called the house and convinced me that she could help me get my mortgage payments lowered in half.  She also said that in most cases the APR can be lowered 2-3 percentage points.  After asking what my loan APR was, I said 6.25%.  She said tht she could get it lowered to around 3.25-4%.  That sounded so great.  She also told me that a $2,500 fee would be charged before Legal Affiliates Group could contact my lender, Bank of America, and begin work.  After being contacted by loan officer, Angela Charlette, I sent in all required documents, along with the required fee.  I have not heard from Legal Affiliates Group since.  I got behind in my mortgage payments and Bank of America refused to help me with their modification program.  I am still struggling to this day.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legal-Affiliates-Group/Century-City-California-90067/Legal-Affiliates-Group-Ocean-Ballard-Angela-Charlette-Ocean-Ballard-and-Angela-Charle-1065516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legal Affiliates Group

LEGAL AFFILIATES GROUP AND FAMILY FIRST ARE THE SAME COMPANY

AUTHOR: RIPPED OFF BY LAG - ()

Tobias West, aka Todd West, aka Todd Goodman is the same person that scammed me at Consumer Advocates Group. I put all the pieces together when he sent over the same agreement that CAG used back in 2010. After CAG was closed down it looks like Tobey/Todd West picked up the pieces and started his own company. He used the same press releases, same info on his website, same documents and same sales pitch. I have emailed the FTC and let them know what is going on now.

Ever since being ripped off by these disgusting pigs I have made it my mission to expose them in any fashion possible. If you have been scammed by FAMILY FIRST HOME PRESERVATION SERVICES, formerly known as FAMILY 1st HOME PRESERVATION SERVICES, formerly known as LOAN EDUCATORS USA please contact MIRY KIM,mkim@ftc.gov MARY T. BENFIELDmbenfield@ftc.gov. Please let the FTC know that they are located at 3325 Wilshire Blvd. Unit 940. Los Angeles, CA 90010. Also if you scammed into paying by check, you can always contact your bank and let them know you were scammed and they will reverse the check you paid them with.

Do not let these people get away with taking your money. Too personally file a complaint with Tobey/Todd West please make complaints to Nourmand and Associates at 6525 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA. Speak with Howard Lorey. They have to contact the DRE to notify them of the illegal collection of funds. Tobey West also uses a virtual office located at 433 N Camden Drive #609 Beverly Hills, CA. This is not a physical address. To show up at his office please go to 3325 Wilshire Blvd. Unit 940. Los Angeles, CA 90010.

same as FAMILY 1st

AUTHOR: PattyF - ()

This must be the same company as Family 1st Home Preservation, we got scammed by them.... Please send me your Name and email to my special created address, as I am collecting Names, and hopefully get a list together, to seek justice. chmeitli@me.com

Thanks