Complaint Review: Legalzoom Inc

• Updated: Tue, August 27, 2013

• Reported By: Harry — California
Legalzoom Inc
101 N. Brand Blv. 11th floor. LA CA 91203 Los Angeles, California USA

Legalzoom Inc AKA Legal Zoom Charged for services not rendered. Charged my credit card for services to non-existent company Los Angeles California

*UPDATE Employee: LegalZoom Complaint

I see from the multitude of complaints that I am not alone is having problems with LegalZoom.

An LLC which was formed with the assistance of LegalZoom some time in 2011 was dissolved by me in December 2012. This information was posted on the California Secretary of State's website. I called LegalZoom at that time to ask them to stop billing me $12.99 per month for Registered Agent Service. Since then I have called 3 more times and find myself put on perpetual hold, or simply cut off.

Legal Zoom acknowledges that the California Secretary of State's website states that the company has been "canceled". Nevertheless, they continue to bill my credit card.

At first I merely asked them to stop billing me. Then, as the months wore on, I started asked for a refund. Now we are in August 2013 (9 months later) and they are saying that they will not refund but (once again) they say they will cancel the service but will not offer me a refund for the 9 months of false billing.

I'm writing this as I wait on hold to LegalZoom's office. In the last  90 minutes I have spoken with 4 different people, none of whom have been able to help me.

Here is a quote from their "Satisfaction Guarantee":

"If you are not satisfied with our services, please contact us immediately and we will correct the situation, provide a refund or offer credit that can be used for future LegalZoom orders."

They do not live up to this and I can see that even if only one tenth of the complaints I have read online are valid, these people are running a dishonest organization.

I've now been on hold so long that I've had time to go to my local Small Claims Court website, pay my $75 plus service fee and sue them. I derive great pleasure from the idea of inconveniencing them.

Harry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legalzoom-Inc/Los-Angeles-California-91203/Legalzoom-Inc-AKA-Legal-Zoom-Charged-for-services-not-rendered-Charged-my-credit-card-fo-1079587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legalzoom Inc

LegalZoom Complaint

AUTHOR: LegalZoom - ()

Dear  Harry,

We’re sorry that you felt your situation wasn’t properly addressed. Your comments and experience are truly valuable to us and we appreciate your feedback.

We’re really interested in knowing what kind of resolution you’d like to see and are willing to do anything we can to improve your experience with LegalZoom. Please contact us at Chyna@lzserve.com

We look forward to hearing how we can make this situation better.

LegalZoom