Complaint Review: Legend Construction

• Updated: Wed, July 17, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Texas
Legend Construction
Rockwall TX Rockwall, Texas USA

Legend Construction Dale Simons Continuous lies, poor quality materials, does not complete Rockwall Texas

Legend Construction is the worst experience I have had with any home improvement ever.  My husband found this guy and I wish he never set foot on my property.  Dale Simons will tell you what you want to hear in order to get a signed contract and get a big deposit up front.  He is a liar and a con-artist and you will not hear from him for months while he lives off of your money.  Once they finally start, they will show up one day a week and never finish.  Its all lies and excuses and very little progress.

Dale Simons states that there is a lifetime warranty.  Another lie because they will not finish the job and will not respond when you have cracked and spit wood.  Dale Simons states that they use the best lumber from a local supplier in Garland and that he hand picks the wood to prevent warping and splitting.    He tells you that he must lock in the price and that the big desposit he requests covers the materials.  He must hand pick it from Lowes in Garland because there are a lot of Lowes "top choice" tags in my yard.  More lies.  That big deposit is for him to pay for other jobs because he can not run a business.  He will tell you the ground is too wet, the ground is too dry, the sky is too blue and the sun is too bright as an excuse for them not working.  They had deaths in the family, traffic court on numerous occasions, and other random excuses that make you wonder how does one person have such rotten luck.  If I knew they were not all lies then I would say it was karma.

I wish my husband would have never ran across Legend Construction or Dale Simons.  Save yourself the time and hassle and find a reputable contractor on Angie's List or the Better Business Burea.  I wish we would have checked more recent references because others in the neighborhood stated that Legend Construction does this to every customer.   I wish I would  have found this website prior to dealing with him or checked the Better Business Bureau (F rating).  Now we have to hire someone to fix the issues and finish the job at a higher overall cost than other contractors quoted us originally.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Legend-Construction/Rockwall-Texas-75087/Legend-Construction-Dale-Simons-Continuous-lies-poor-quality-materials-does-not-complet-1067725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Legend Construction