Complaint Review: leisure products

• Updated: Mon, September 10, 2012

• Reported By: susan — Port St. Lucie Florida United States of America
leisure products
1044 Fordtown Road Kingsport, Tennessee United States of America

leisure products laguna spas Sold me a defective spa-Poor resin/gel co makes unsafe and extreamly slippery Kingsport, Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: Wow!!!!

*UPDATE Employee: Wow!!!!

I purchased A laguna bay spa Model number x-1. Once I recieved it I procedded to fill and heat the spa. Once I got in I noticed how slippery it was. I have 2 previous spas in the past but this was extreamy slippery. The third time I used it I fell and almost hit me head. My husband had to help me out because I was shaken by my expierence. I called and complained to the company, they said to sand it or sell it that there was nothing they could do. This is a condensed version of the numerious letters, calls, compliants, certified letters. Finally I went to my credit card company for help. I did recieve a temporary credit and I am now trying to get companies to review the spa and generate a report on there findings. They claim the it is chinese or japinese resin thats makes it so slippery and very dangerious. I am trying to get leisure products to take this spa back with no avail so far.

The staff has been terriable in this matter and keeps pasing off to another person at the company. They will not send a representive to look at it. When I originally ordered and asked about repairs they said they will get a local company for repairs. But they will NOT send anyone to look at the defective product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 05:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/leisure-products/Kingsport-Tennessee-37663/leisure-products-laguna-spas-Sold-me-a-defective-spa-Poor-resingel-co-makes-unsafe-and-ex-938892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on leisure products

Wow!!!!

AUTHOR: Randy - (United States of America)

Not even sure how to respond to this...... This consumer has charged back there credit card, called our customer service over 12 times, wrote several letters, and all over saying there spa is "unsafe". We always try and satisfy customers, but for one to claim there spa along with millions more are unsafe, not even sure what to say here. Lagunabayspas use 100% Lucite acrylic, same exact stuff as every single acrylic spa manufacturer in the world. Same stuff as used on millions of Whirlpool tubs also, that people use everyday in there bathroom. The comment about Chinese or Japanese resin, wow, unbelievable, as there is no spa manufacturer that uses "Chinese or Japanese" resin, and resin goes on the BACK of the surface, not the front!!

I guess if the spa is unsafe, then there needs to be a class action suit filed against Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, and all the other top hot tub suppliers to pull from the market. Never has there been a single lawsuit claiming acrylic spas are unsafe. However, if chemicals are not properly balanced, then all acrylic spas can get slippery with algae, and we have tried to communicate this to customer. We even offered to buy them a non skid pad to enter and exit with, but they demand it is unsafe and we pick it up.

We always strive to say the customer is always correct, but in this case, we have to politely say that this consumer is just incorrect and does not understand they purchased a acrylic hot tub. It is not dangerous and over 10 million people get in and out of one everyday without injury, all being the EXACT same acrylic that Lagunabayspas uses.

Wow!!!!

AUTHOR: Randy - (United States of America)