Complaint Review: Leisure Time Savings

• Updated: Mon, June 16, 2014

• Reported By: Carlos — Massachusetts
Leisure Time Savings
1166 W. Newport Ctr. Dr., Suite# 214 Deerfield Beach, Florida USA

Leisure Time Savings Magazine SourceT C Mags, Inc. Cancelled a/c and unathorized withdrawals Deerfield Beach Florida

I opened an account with a magazine company called Leisure Time Savings (aka TC Mags, Inc.) based in Deerfield Florida sometimes back in 2011. The following day, I called and cancelled my account. I talked to a very, very rude woman (I forget her name). She assured me that my account was cancellled and that I would not be billed for any magazines or books. I explicitly told them that I did not want any magazines and/or books from them.

A few months later, i noticed a charge for $400. I called them again and they refunded my money. In the same conversation, I asked them to cancel my account (if they had not cancelled it) and to remove my name from any and all mailing lists. The lady I spoke to assured me that my account was cancelled and my name removed from their mailing lists.

Six months or so down the road, there was another charge on my debit card. Again I called them and complained about the charge, at which time they again refunded my money. All this time I did not receive any magazines or books from them. At this time, I again cancelled my already cancelled account and was again removed from a mailing list on which I was not supposed to be (since I had cancelled this acount already).

Fast forward  to April 2014. This happened again. I called and talked to avery rude woman. Only this time they refused to refund my money. Ostensibly, I have had this account (that I have cancelled 5 or 6 times over). So I called them again and they assured me that my account was cancelled and my name deleted from their mailing lists. Then it happened again this month (June). This time they charged $249 on my charge card. They said that I had opened another account with them in February this year.

All this time I have been trying to close my account and she very rudely told me that I had called in February and opened another account with them. And that I was trying to get out of paying for the magazines/books. The number that she gave me will not go through.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2014 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Leisure-Time-Savings/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33442/Leisure-Time-Savings-Magazine-SourceT-C-Mags-Inc-Cancelled-ac-and-unathorized-withdraw-1155174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Leisure Time Savings