Complaint Review: LeModeln Model & Talent Agency

• Submitted: Fri, January 26, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, April 20, 2007

• Reported By:Warren Ohio
LeModeln Model & Talent Agency
7536 Market St Boardman, Ohio U.S.A.

LeModeln Model & Talent Agency Lying Cheating Stealing Fake Talent Agency ripoff Boardman Ohio

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Do not Sign with this company, they are very non-ethical.

LeModeln Model & Talent Agency located in Boardman,Ohio is a total rip-off.This agency collects a booking fee for jobs that you are booked for.You are never booked for any jobs but still have to pay $30.00 per month for a booking fee.the jobs that they do call you about are mostly fake and if you do audition for a job at the office,you are charged a fee of $10.00 or $20.00 cash to audition and this fee goes right in the pocket of the owner,Linda Weaver.I have extensive experience with this agency having been under a contract for about 7 years.

Every job that i ever got through this agency was no more than an extra in a low budget movie,background in a low budget commercial,or promotion work that lasted 12-14 hours a day and never got paid for the work.If you do a job,you will not get paid.The agency will say that your pay must go for agency fees or booking fees.I was owed $280.00 for two jobs i did and after 6 mos of not receiving pay,i was told that the monies owed to me had to go towards my contract renewal.

Although i cancelled my contract,she still kept the money for the contract renewal.I am currently in the process of suing Lemodeln for the $280.00 in small claims court.Lemodeln Talent Agency consists of one woman(Linda Weaver) and temp, hired help that assist her in ripping everone off that walks through the door.Talent Agencies do not charge a booking fee.They only receive 20% of anything you make.If they charge a fee for booking per month,do not sign a contract with this company.Lemodeln Talent Agency will continue to do this to people until they are shut down.If you have any dreams of becoming and actor or model,do not sign with this company.Linda Weaver is only concerned with stealing your money and making herself rich.....and she is...she has been doing this for over 10 years and has probably banked more that $500,000.00 in cash(just estimated).If you have the same problem with this agency please post it and let me know about your problems with this company.A class action lawsuit must be filed against this Talent Agency.

Actor
Warren, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2007 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LeModeln-Model-Talent-Agency/Boardman-Ohio-44512/LeModeln-Model-Talent-Agency-Lying-Cheating-Stealing-Fake-Talent-Agency-ripoff-Boardman-232819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LeModeln Model & Talent Agency

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Do not Sign with this company, they are very non-ethical.

AUTHOR: Blake - (U.S.A.)

I worked for this company for a few months and was stupid enough to sign a contract with them. I started to feel bad when I found out what they do to people and how she treated her fellow co-workers. The photographer was a very nice guy, but not very good. I knew more about photography and editing then he did.

I felt bad calling people about owing money and realized that she was scamming so many people out of their money, including me. I got my common sense and left working for her. I then saved my contract and highlighted the area that she broke. It stated that after you work on a project and she recieves pay she will pay you within two weeks after she recieves a check from the company. I worked at her office and she was paid for my project like a week and half after I did it. I did not see the check till after I quit and it was seven months later. I never thought I would ever get it.

She also owed me money for working for her. I didn't recieve these checks till around tax time, and that is why she sent them. I dont' think she would of ever sent them if it wasn't for that. So, I kept the check and highlighted the date and took it to a lawyer. He said if she tried anything that I could sue her for breach of contract. She won't be able to collect the rest of the years off of me.

She could also be charged for fraud, so people don't sign. I felt morally wrong for just being part of it. I'm still owed money, but I don't want it.