Complaint Review: Lenscrafters

• Updated: Sat, January 29, 2011

• Reported By: Kalieope — Reno Nevada United States of America
Lenscrafters
1950 East 20th Street Chico, California United States of America

Lenscrafters Charged for defective lens, then given another defective lens. Chico, California

*General Comment: Why ?

*Author of original report: Customer Problem Solved by Lenscrafters.

I'd like to preface this by saying that the customer service I received upon my initial visit to Lenscrafters, in Chico, CA, was absolutely superb.  From the sales associates, to the technicians, to the optomitrist, I was treated well above what is expected.

Now, to my story:  I went to Lenscrafters a bit over a month ago to get an eye exam and a new pair of glasses.  Everything went wonderfully smooth, and I had no complaints at that time.

Unfortunately, that changed last week.  I noticed very small, numerous cracks appear at the top of the right lens of my glasses.  There were about 6.  I never leave my glasses lying around where they may be damaged or stepped upon.  Worse, by that same evening, the cracks had moved downward along the lens, and finally split the lens nearly in half.  The only thing I had done with my glasses that day was wear them.  So, I took them to Lenscrafters on April 9 to have the lens replaced.  I stated my case, and the sales rep told me he had never heard of anything like that happening, and so concluded it was my fault, somehow, and I would have to be charged to replace the lens.  I conceded, since there was no way to prove it in my favor at that time, and agreed to pay.  About an hour later, I received the glasses with the new lens, and went on my way.

Not but a few hours later, I took my glasses off to clean them, and noticed, again, very small cracks forming in the exact same place - the top of the right lens.  Again, I had not even taken my glasses off from the store onward that day, so this was most assuredly not my fault.  I immediately called the store, and was asked to come down to the store again.

I went the next day, as the drive from my Step-Father's house, whom I was visiting, to the Chico store is an hour round trip.

Despite the fact that after I noticed the cracks, I had put my glasses in their case and not touched them, the next day, the cracks had grown larger, just as they had before, though not quite as dramatic.  When I presented them to the sales rep, he again expressed incredulity at the possibility that this could have been anything but my fault.  I politely stood my case, and he conceded it may have been specs of dust left in there during the replacement process.

To sum up this complaint, I was not given my replacement fee back, even though I feel having a faulty lens replaced and then seeing it act the same way was proof it was not my fault in the first place.  A faulty lens was replaced with a faulty lens, that now must be replaced again.  As well, I have to wait, to have a replacement put in, and then wait for them to mail the glasses to me, as I had to return home from my visit today, and I live in Reno.

I will not return to Lenscrafters in the future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2010 09:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lenscrafters/Chico-California-95928/Lenscrafters-Charged-for-defective-lens-then-given-another-defective-lens-Chico-Califo-592159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lenscrafters

#1 General Comment

Why ?

AUTHOR: Brad - (U.S.A.)

Why in the world would u go back to the same location that you had issues with and then leave your glasses and travel back home - for them to be shipped to you?

Why wouldn't you just go to a location near your home and get it all done at once - instead of creating another issue for you to get upset about ?

Customer Problem Solved by Lenscrafters.

AUTHOR: Kalieope - (United States of America)

Besides making my report here, I also contacted the BBB of Sacramento.  The Sacramento office forwarded my complaint to Ohio, where Lenscrafters is headquartered, and exceptionally quickly after they received it, I received a call from Lenscrafters asking me to call them so they might refund my money.

This issue is resolved.  Thank you to all involved.  I have the utmost respect for Lenscrafters, again.