Complaint Review: Leroy Michael Robertson

• Updated: Fri, September 10, 2010

• Reported By: Wanda — Baton Rouge Louisiana United States of America
Leroy Michael Robertson
Memphis, Tennessee United States of America

Leroy Michael Robertson Michael Robertson This person presented himself to be a mortgage lender who required 5% down payment. After he received my down payment he started stalling when it came to closing the loan. He is a very smooth operat Memphis, Tennessee

I was referred to "Michael" in July 2010 as a source to finance a mortgage loan.  I was referred to him because my credit score was not high enough for a traditional bank loan and I was making an excellent purchase at an excellent price --- so, I needed to get the loan done quickly (rushing was a BIG mistake). He took my application, etc., and "processed and approved" it. He spoke all of the real estate language and sent me authentic mortage loan documents.  I even received an approved loan and a good faith estimate of closing cost.  However, to get to closing required that I make a 5% down payment that would be held in escrow.  I wired the down payment to First Tennesee Bank in Memphis. The money was wired to Garrett and Associates and listed an address at 6000 Poplar Street in Memphis.  After the wire was received I started to receive less and less communication from Micheal regarding the closing, one excuse after another. Finally, I asked that my down payment be returned; have not received it --- promises, promises.  This process started in July and it is now September and the loan never got to close.  I am a college educated business person and am usually pretty sharp.  You may read this and think I was stupid but he got me --- he was polite, well spoken and professional. Be careful out there this was my first time being scammed and I promise my last.  Scariest thing is that now he has all of my personal information!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2010 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Leroy-Michael-Robertson/Memphis-Tennessee-/Leroy-Michael-Robertson-Michael-Robertson-This-person-presented-himself-to-be-a-mortgage-l-639375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Leroy Michael Robertson