Complaint Review: les schwab tire center

• Submitted: Tue, June 01, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, June 01, 2010

• Reported By: Eddie — renton Washington United States of America
les schwab tire center
354 union avenue NE renton, Washington United States of America

les schwab tire center Bad workmanship and dishonest people renton, Washington

I took my 2007 Nissan Quest to Les Schwab to check on my brakes. I was told I had 5,000 miles on my original pads before I need pad replacement and was quoted $392.92. I waited 3 months until I had the money and went again to check on my brakes again. I was told my brake pads need to be replaced. When I made an appt. to fix it, price was different since I was told that Les Schwab does not replace pads without replacing calipers, so price is $580.35. I decided to do it. Since then I've had trouble with my car as it started to shake out of control every time I apply the brakes. I went and complained about it, so Les Schwab said my rotors need to be turned and this should take care of it. The problem didn't go away, so I went back again and spoke to the store manager. The mechanic looked at it again and mentioned that my tires were old and I may need to replace which may help addressing the issue. I went to discount tires and bought me 4 new tires. The brake issues still existed. So I went again and spoke with the store manager again, so he had a different mechanic look at it. The new mechanic recommended new rotors, so he quoted it me at $181.22. I authorized him to replace my rotors with new. After 3 months, my car started shaking every time I applied the brakes again. I went again to Les Schwab and complained to the manager, so he had another mechanic look at it. The new mechanic said that my Van needed high performance rotors and not standard rotors to release heat efficiently. He said that I will pay the difference of price for upgraded rotors, which was $130.37. So I made an appointment and had my rotors upgraded. Now, my Van is back with the same issue where it shakes every time I apply my brakes. I am out $891.94 for a faulty brake job. My original brakes on my Van never operated this way until Les Schwab replaced my brake pads and calipers. I filled a claim with the FTC, BBB, and ATG office and my credit card company. Its been a month since I filled my claims and Les Schwab never showed any remorse or help. Les Shcwab is a ripp-off corporation and should be sued. The people there are incompetent and have no idea what they're talking about. All there work is based on Trial-N-Error. DO NOT SHOP THERE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2010 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/les-schwab-tire-center/renton-Washington-98059/les-schwab-tire-center-Bad-workmanship-and-dishonest-people-renton-Washington-609322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on les schwab tire center