Complaint Review: les schwab

• Updated: Wed, December 18, 2013

• Reported By: doll — juneau Alaska
les schwab
juneau, Alaska USA

les schwab information as being incorrect. female cousin, buying two much needed tires. informed company doesnt sell only two ,2, tires at a time. that she needed to purchase all four tires. My husband and I have a different story. when he went to purchase two ,2, tires, there was no requirement of him to purchase all four tires. one month later, we were able to affort the other tw Whats up with the gender discrimnation displayed when my female cousin went to purchase two ,2, tires and was REFUSED. ? juneau Alaska

*Consumer Comment: Condition of Tires

When my female cousin went to the L.S. here in Juneau to purchase two (2) tires, she was informed that they could not sell her only two tires at a time.  The two tires she wanted to purchase, was all she could afford at the time.  She was quite upset when she shared her story with me and my husband.

I was quite surprised to hear this too, because only weeks prior to her incident, my husband went to L.S. and purchased two (2) tires with no incident.  A month later we were able to afford the other two tires and returned to L.S. and purchased the other two tires, again, without incident, as my female cousin occured.

So, we have personnally felt the brunt of gender discrimination in our community...sad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2013 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/les-schwab/juneau-Alaska-99801/les-schwab-information-as-being-incorrect-female-cousin-buying-two-much-needed-tires-i-1108104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on les schwab

Condition of Tires

AUTHOR: Terri - ()

Were the tires she wasn't replacing still street legal or was the tread gone?  I know that in Washington and Oregon if they work on your car, it is illegal for them to let the car drive off of the lot if there is a known safety issue, including bald tires.  Their choice is sell you 4 new tires or refuse to touch your car.

If you only want 2 tires, take the tires and rims off of the car, take them in and have them put new tires on the rims, then go back home and put them on the car.  This way they don't have to "work on the car" and it isn't on their lot.