conductor

• Submitted: Mon, September 12, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, December 01, 2008

• Reported By:Gresham Oregon
Les Schwab
17171 Boones Ferry Road Lake Oswego, Oregon U.S.A.

Les Schwab Bad Tire Will Not Warrant ripoff Lake Oswego Oregon

*Consumer Comment: old tech discusted

*Consumer Suggestion: More than a coincidence

*Consumer Comment: To sipe, or not to sipe, that is the question

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry Folks

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Poor Poor Scotty

*UPDATE Employee: sorry I have to slide down to your level, but whatever

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Sorry Scotty : I'm employed by a great company

*UPDATE Employee: wow....I sure do see Chase's name all over these reports

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Poor Amber "The Les Schwab office girl"

*Consumer Comment: Ya don't like them, then why buy them?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Deb, Your out of your mind

*Consumer Comment: Why would you sipe a SXT?

*Consumer Comment: The guy at Les Schwab may be close to the truth

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Learned the hard way, That Les Schwab warranty is worthless

I purchased 4 new mud terrain SXT tires and had them siped. At the point of purchase the service guy told me siping would not damage the tire. Date of purchase was 11/01/04.

I looked at the right rear tire 9/11/05 and noticed chunks were missing from the tire. I brought the truck to Les Schwab 9/12/05 to get another tire thinking 20,000 miles and 10 months is not long enough to cause this kind of damage.

The guy told me that I have been peeling out which caused the damage. I told him I have not been peeling out, which he responded to by telling me that someone else must be driving my truck then.

Contacted their corporate in Prineville, got the typical response that I was wrong and they were right. Long story short I purchased a new mud terrain SXT tire for $133.00. Told the guy that's the last dollar you will ever see from my family.

Their warranty is not good on big ticket items. They will fight you so be warned.

Joel
Gresham, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2005 06:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Les-Schwab/Lake-Oswego-Oregon-97035/Les-Schwab-Bad-Tire-Will-Not-Warrant-ripoff-Lake-Oswego-Oregon-156851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Les Schwab

old tech discusted

AUTHOR: Mastec - (U.S.A.)

At least 25% of the repairs we perform are from other shops les schwaub being at the top of the list, the sad part is that the consumer doesn't know who to trust, they do an awesome job of brain washing their people into believing they know what they are doing and saturating the public with good guy white hat con jobs, tires they pay next to nothing for that often are the wrong size or cause drivability problems that are always your fault! another sad thing is in the last eight years many corporations from literaly criminal phone and oil companies to les schwaubs are the norm.
young people will have never known the difference,
Old Master Tech.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

More than a coincidence

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

LS is a rip off.

Sipping tires is a money maker. When that LS employee screwed up one of your four tire sipe jobs, it's very common to hide the defective tire on the right rear, or (passenger side rear axle) It's a little more than coincidence! (it's the industry standard to hide gross mistakes on the tire furthest from the driver, and wont arouse suspicion as easily)... shame on less shwab!! a real tire store would have fixed the mistake for free. NO excuses!

your complaint is legit....No excuses.

SXT tires get about 60 to 70 thousand miles not sipped. getting them sipped basically ruined them, but LS made lots of money in labor (100% profit) selling you something you didnt need. RIP OFF ARTISTS. They should have sold you a tire with sipes molded into the tire tread like their Open Country all terrain series.

Shame on Les Schwab AGAIN....they ripped you off knowingly.

Shame on all these employee rebuttals. They are all very young and don't know the first thing about tires. they only know profit margins, which is drilled into their head by the scamming managers!

Trust me, I wish I got paid as much as them, but at least I can sleep at night knowing that I don't RIP PEOPLE OFF.

To sipe, or not to sipe, that is the question

AUTHOR: Northwest - (U.S.A.)

On my previous set of tires (not from Les Schwab, I stopped going there years ago when they wouldn't honor a warrenty), I was given the sipe pitch. Sounded good. I did not notice any improvement in performance of my ride, traction, or milage.

Before I bought my next tires a couple of years ago I looked up siping on the web. I found some tire companies (not the retail stores) advise against siping and it may void the tire warrenty. I have to think if siping were so wonderful, manufacturers would do it at the factory (only takes a couple of minutes per tire).

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Chase - (U.S.A.)

Sorry to you babe, Les Schwab oversells point blank. Read all the ripoffs in this file. Its not just me. And yes your sales are off 25%. Get a clue babe!

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Sorry Folks

AUTHOR: Me - (U.S.A.)

Joel: I can see why you're upset. But do you really expect something be get warranteed like that after a years use? Do you buy shoes for work and take them back a year later and and ask why they're wearing out? Why the laces broke? If this happened over the course of a month or two, maybe, but a year? Come on....

Chase: I'm sorry to hear that you think Les Schwab is so bad. God forbid that you try to do your job and make money. It's not to oversell, all we can do is say, "we recommend..." it's up to the customer what they want to do with their car. And no sales are not down 20-25%. We keep breaking records year after year baby. My store just have its best year EVER! So keep trying to act like you know everything, you know nothing.

#9 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Poor Poor Scotty

AUTHOR: Chase - (U.S.A.)

Les Schwab will go under or be sold long before you retire. You won't see the money. But hey, good luck out there kiddo.

sorry I have to slide down to your level, but whatever

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

For someone that says he is in a better job, you sure do have a lot of interest in Les Schwab. All I have to say is, MOVE ON. You got fired cuz you couldn't hack it. It's ok. We understand. But was it really that bad that you have to sit on your computer and wait for someone to write a bad report so you can add your two cents? And yes, sales are down. Sales are down everywhere. Not just in tires. And because I am pretty secure in my job, I am still sure that you will just end up getting fired because you couldn't hack it in your current job and I will see you on the corner begging for money long before I do. Who knows, maybe after I retire with one of the best retirement funds around, I might throw you a couple bucks.

#11 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Sorry Scotty : I'm employed by a great company

AUTHOR: Chase - (U.S.A.)

You will be the one in the employment line, looking for something in the gas station or 7-11 line of work. Most company's won't take brainwashed folks. Thats why I have gone onto bigger and better things and your stuck as a dishonest tire buster. And yes I do post at this site regually. With all the crooked crap that I witnessed at Les Schwab it is my civic duty to worn others. Hey Scotty, I still have a few friends that work at Les Schwab and they are telling me that sales are down 20-25%. Sorry Scotty see you at 7-11 soon.

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

You know Chase, for someone that was fired from this job, you sure seem to be really involved in it. I mean I see your name on a lot of these rebuttals, trying to put your two cents in. My guess is that you were fired because you were a horrible employee and now you want everyone to know that. So you can keep trying to spread your word against one of the best tire companies around, but there are too many GOOD employees that will keep us going. But you keep up the fight. Who knows, you might get out of the unemployment line long enough to find a job again.

#16 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Poor Amber "The Les Schwab office girl"

AUTHOR: Chase - (U.S.A.)

Amber please pay attention (1) I was told to oversell to customers. (2) I did reap the benifits from overselling, Thousands of dollars worth.(3) All people should get a warranty. So if worked for General Motores or Toyota and gat a new car would i get a warranty? Heck yes I would. Schwab will find every excuse to not warranty a tire. (4) Why are you so interested? You claim to not work there. I find that hard to believe. My guess is your a office girl or a part time office girl who is married to an assistant manager. You have all the Schwab talking points down. Have fun in your cult. When the truth comes out about Les schwab and all the overselling of "Sipes", "Calipers" and China made tires you will be out of a job. Good luck Amber.

Ya don't like them, then why buy them?

AUTHOR: Amber - (U.S.A.)

First off, the ex-employee, Chase says in his title that the warranty from Les Schwab is worthless. Well, there ya go, he is an ex-employee who had purchased his tires at HIS cost. Employees who get their tires at cost, do not get a warranty, maybe he should have purchased them at a customers cost or at a different business if he wanted them warrantied. Mud terrain tires are not cheap, I know we have them on our rig, but, we also get them at our cost. We do take our Toyota out to play with our mud terrains and you don't sipe the tires. That's just common sense and Brandon is completely right on the tire tractions and the way it works.

I am not an employee, but, I know someone who is. I know how Mud Terrains work when you sipe them and run them on and off road for nearly a year. You will end up replacing them every year whether or not your "peeling out". We change our mud terrains during the spring to regular hwy tires and use our mud terrains during the hunting season and for snow runs only. If ya want them to last, then take care of them, that's common sense too.

The best bet, if you don't like the tire and how it holds up, don't buy it. But, you did anyway didn't ya? Admission of guilt on your part?

Oh, as for that ex-employee, Chase, sounds like he doesn't know the first thing about selling in the real world. But, Chase reaped those benefits didn't he? I bet he wasn't complaining when he got his bonus check or L&I kickback check, was he? Or when he purchased parts at his cost and applied them to his account!

#18 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Deb, Your out of your mind

AUTHOR: Chase - (U.S.A.)

Yes in my trek through the company I was trained to SELL SELL SELL at all costs to keep wagecost down or get laid off. I got sick of this and quit. Yes Deb I said quit. You know what i'm talking about. When the truth gets out and it will. Les schwab will shut down many stores maybe even yours out there in Gresham. By the way your Manager is Big George a stand up guy. But heck he is one of the last good managers left. Go back to your job overselling sipes and calipers that people don't need. Please stay of the internet it is not for robots.

Why would you sipe a SXT?

AUTHOR: Deb - (U.S.A.)

Joel, WHY would you sipe a SXT?

Wouldn't common sense tell you, gravel will get in there (assuming you're taking it off road) and chunk out the tread. DURRRR!

The guy at Les Schwab may be close to the truth

AUTHOR: Brandon - (U.S.A.)

Sorry Joel, the Les Schwab employee may be pretty close to what happened...you may not have been peeling out, but on most trucks the right rear tire is the tire that has the positive traction...which means that will be the tire doing most of the work(If rear tires lose traction, the right rear spins but the left does not..unless in 4WD)...then you add on to the fact that they were mud-terrains, your asking for problems. I don't know of any mud-terrains that come with a milage warranty because the usage of that type of tire is so unpredictable.

#21 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Chase - (U.S.A.)

The managers name at the Lake Oswego store is Gary. he could care less about any thing but his paycheck and his looming retirement. Customer service has never been his specialty nor his Son who works at the Beaverton store. They are bad news. And they are the reason I left and can't recomend the company anymore.

#22 UPDATE EX-employee responds