Complaint Review: Les Schwab

Les Schwab
2095 Commerce Dr. Medford, Oregon United States of America

Les Schwab Bad business practices Medford, Oregon

*Author of original report: Les Schwab update

Recently I took my Crown Victoria to Les Schwab to have a squeak in the front end looked at and get a tire quote. After the front end was looked at, they told me that the front end looked good but that the shocks needed to be replaced. I ordered the new tires and scheduled an appointment for the following Friday. They replaced the shocks and tires, but the squeak was still their. I was asked to come in the following day to have them look at it again. When I told the salesman I didn't want to keep replacing parts until we fixed the problem, his comment was, " sometimes you just have to do that ". What!!!! After they checked out the front end this time, the front had gone front " looked good ", to it needed $1400 worth of work. When I question the salesman about how it could go from fine, to needing so much work. His comment was that he wasn't involved in the process the first time so this is what it needs now. To my knowledge both the guys that checked out the front end work for Les Schwab, and so they are both involved. Not happy!!!! I called a Les Schwab near out shop that does the work on our company vehicle and the store manager just laughed. He told me he gets allot of these calls from customers about this particular Les Schwab location. He offered to look at it for me and help if he could. Since this company is one big family as I have seen described, the corporate headquarters should be looking into this. So far it has only cost me the price of shocks and installation, but I will never be going back to Les Schwab for future repairs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Les-Schwab/Medford-Oregon-/Les-Schwab-Bad-business-practices-Medford-Oregon-1003985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Les Schwab

Les Schwab update

AUTHOR: Hardway - (United States of America)

I received a phone call from Les Schwab recently in regards to my complaint about the discrepancies in their repair and quotes on my car. As you may recall the car was taken in to diagnose a squeak in the front end and get new tires. After they told me that the problem was shocks, and the front end was fine, I had the shocks replaced and paid for an alignment that was necessary due to them being replaced. The squeak was still there. Had to bring the car back the following week for them to look at it again.

This time the front end needed new everything at a cost of over $1400. When I received the phone call, the salesman wanted me to bring the car in for a third time. I declined. He offered no explanation or compansation for my time or the work they had done. His comment after I declined was "well if their is nothing else we can do for you" and said good bye. I took the car to another front end shop yesterday, where I got a Quote for $500. to repair the problem. Is it any wonder that I'm not happy with this paticular Les Schwab?