• Report: #207201

• Submitted: Mon, August 21, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, April 12, 2007

• Reported By:Oak Harbor Washington
Lester Klindera - J.L.K. Transportation Services
P.O. Box 648 Chico, Texas U.S.A.

Lester Klindera - J.L.K. Transportation Services Trucking Companies Watch Out! Truck Broker Ripoff Refuses to Pay Bill Filed Bankruptcy! Chico Texas

*Author of original report: BANKER INFO

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: MANAGER

*Author of original report: Klindera Rip-Off Update #3

*Author of original report: Klindera Rip Off Update #2

*Author of original report: Klindera Rip-Off Update #1

On June 27, 2006, we (Schisler Trucking, LLC) signed a formal agreement to pick up and deliver a load brokered by Lester Klindera d.b.a. J.L.K. Transportation Services out of Chico, Texas. (Other names that appear on thir Federal Highway Administration authority include Jeanne Klindera and Lester Klindera.)

On June 28, 2006, we picked up this load at Grand Island, Nebraska. We delivered it on July 5, 2006 to Sedro-Woolley, Washington. The load was billed on July 11, 2006 to J.L.K. Transportation Services for the agreed-upon amount of $3400.00 on a net-thirty basis - meaning the invoice would become due on August 10, 2006.

On July 17, 2006, we received a telephone call from Sandi at J.L.K. Transportation Services requesting a fax copy of a bill of lading which was duly sent the same day.

Today, August 21, 2006, we contacted J.L.K. Transportation Services because their invoice was past due. A woman named Sandi answered the call and led us to believe that she was no longer associated with J.L.K. Transportation and that the company had filed bankruptcy.

Upon reviewing the invoice and the associated paperwork, we discovered this mysterious Sandi was the same woman we had faxed a copy of the bill of lading to on July 17. Hmmmmm...

We called her back.

She didn't answer our call. Funny.

We called her back again. Still no answer.

We faxed her a copy of the invoice indicating payment was due and prompt remittance would be appreciated. We figured if she wasn't associated with the company, the number would be disconnected, right? Strange - the fax went through. Hmmmmm.

We called her again, and this time she answered. She said she was only leasing the office space and was not associated with J.L.K. Transportation but that she would "try to pay us under the table" without the bankruptcy attorneys' knowledge if we just "leave me alone for now and call me in the morning".

Truckers, watch out for people like this! You work hard enough for your money - don't let some scam artist rip you off!

Michelle
Oak Harbor, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2006 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lester-Klindera-JLK-Transportation-Services/Chico-Texas-76431/Lester-Klindera-JLK-Transportation-Services-Trucking-Companies-Watch-Out-Truck-Broke-207201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lester Klindera - J.L.K. Transportation Services

BANKER INFO

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

THE BANK MENTIONED IN THIS ITEM IS A VERY HONEST BANKER IN A VERY WELL RESPECTED BANK. HE HAD A GOOD REASON AND GOOD SECURITY TO DO THE BOND I;M SURE. HE IS NOT RELATED TO OR IN ANY OTHER WAY CONNECTED TO LESTER, SANDY OR ANY OTHER PAST EMPLOYEE OF JLK. SANDY IS OLDER THAN THE BANKER SO COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE HIS DAUGHTER ALSO.

AS FAR AS THE LS6 HE DID OWN IT AT ONE TIME.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

MANAGER

AUTHOR: Lester - (U.S.A.)

I USED TO WORK FOR A COMPANY OWNED BY A RELATIVE THAT I MANAGED AT UP UNTIL I SAW THE COMPANY WAS GOING BANKRUPT.THIS GUY SCHISLER DID TAKE A LOAD FOR ME WHICH HE WAS NOT COMPENSATED FOR BY JLK TRANSPORATION WHICH WAS NOT MY FAULT. THE TRUTH IS JLK WAS CUT OFF BY A LARGE SHIPPER WHICH ANOTHER SALESMAN HANDLED FOR JLK. AT THE TIME HE HAULED THE LOAD JLK WAS NOT AWARE THAT TRINITY INDUSTRIES THE SHIPPER THAT WAS GOING TO CUT THEM OFF WAS ALSO NOT GOING TO PAY THEIR FREIGHT BILLS LEAVING JLK WITH CLOSE TO A HALF MILLION DOLLAR HOLE FOR EVERY OTHER SHIPPERS MONEY TO FALL INTO BEFORE ANYTHING COULD BE DONE.

THE BANKRUPTCY COURT I AM SURE WILL DEAL WITH TRINITY INDUSTRIES ABOUT THEIR NON PAYMENT.I WAS NEVER AN OWNER OF JLK MERELY AN EMPLOYEE FOR 14 YEARS. I WAS WITHOUT A JOB SO WHAT ASSETS I HAD I MORTGAGED OR SOLD TO START MY OWN BROKERAGE IN MY WIFES AND MY NAME.I REPEAT I WAS NEVER LISTED ON ANY BANK BOND,AUTHORITY AS ANYTHING MORE THAN A MANAGER OR COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE. I WAS NEVER THE OWNER.

SO PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHEN YOU WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT GOES BANKRUPT AS TO WHY AN EMPLOYEE CANNOT CARRY ON WITH THEIR LIFE HOWEVER THEY CAN WHEN THAT COMPANY FOLDS. SCHISLER CAN PROBABLY GET HIS MONEY FROM THE BANKRUPTCY COURT IF HE IS SMART ENOUGH TO FOLLOW THEIR GUIDLINES I REALLY DON'T HAVE A CLUE OTHER THAN THAT AS FAR AS ANYTHING ELSE.

I WAS NOT THE OWNER AND AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACTION TAKEN BY AN EMPLOYER.

Klindera Rip-Off Update #3

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

Steve, thanks for the ideas! We call these guys twice a day, every day, just like clockwork. They're sick of us - now they just put the phone down on the desk when they realize it is us!

They still haven't officially filed for bankruptcy so there's no case number I can attach to anything I forward to the court. I'm checking the PACER website daily for updates, though.

There were two industry "certificates" they enclosed with their contract - one from TIA and one from the National Motor Freight Traffic Association - and I contacted both companies. TIA has dismissed their membership.

I've filed complaints with the FMCSA on both companies (JLK and HCP) and spoken at length with two FMCSA representatives who assure me they'll be investigating the ease with which the Klinderas were able to do a "turn and burn" scam.

I've posted complaints with OOIDA; the Internet Truckstop; the Red Book Broker website; the Texas Better Business Bureau; the Texas State Attorney General's office; and the FDIC.

That last one may sound funny, but when I filed my complaint they contacted me - and they were very interested to know that the same banker who filed the bond for the bankrupt company (JLK) also filed the bond for the new company (HCP). I guess that didn't sound like a good financial risk for a small bank.

A quick background check on the banker who signed the bond revealed the possible existance of a daughter named Sandra ... hmmm ... does daddy own the bank?!?!?

I even contacted the companies they listed as references! One company had already been notified, but the others were very interested in the information I provided to them.

There's an article in 'Vette Magazine showcasing Lester Klindera's "rare LS6 Corvette", but when we asked him about it, he claims he's not the owner. The reporter who wrote the article was interested to know Mr. Klindera was "deceptive" about owning the car.

I've posted reviews on this company with every yellow pages website I can find.

In short, we'll probably never see a dime of the $3,400.00 they owe us. But I'm doing my best to make their lives as uncomfortable as they've made ours - if you do a Google search on Klindera, the first thing that pops up is this report!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Michelle,

I have been up against this same problem with other "brokers". You have to stay on them. You have to call and fax every 15 minutes of every day and on Sunday. Fill up the voicemail and fax machine with only YOUR messages and faxes.

Now, forward the operating authority info to the bankruptcy court. This is fraud to dump one company and start another. The court needs to know also.

Also, file a complaint with the FMCSA against the broker and be sure to identify the new authority in your letter along with the one that ripped you off. This will tie them together in the system.

File on that bond ASAP. If they have a new bond under the new name, file on that one too. Tie them together as often as you can in public records and on the internet.

If they are in a BK, they cannot legally start another business until that one is discharged. Be sure you list them in all of the brokers guides as deadbeats and also subscribe to a credit bureau, and report them there too. I personally did this. It got me paid.

If they filed a busines BK, I would go after them personally in small claims, and vise versa.

Multiple complaints and follow ups to the FMCSA will get the job done. And subscribe to all of the load boards like getloaded, etc..and post the info in the deadbeat broker section.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Klindera Rip Off Update #2

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

Lester and Sandy Klindera were issued a new MC number by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association on August 14, 2006. Their new company name is HCP Enterprises out of Alvord, Texas. Their new phone number is (940) 644-5880, and when we called it, they laughed and hung up.

The insurance company they list is no longer in business - the telephone number is disconnected.

The bankruptcy attorney still hasn't contacted us.

Anyone with any helpful information - I would love to hear from you!

Klindera Rip-Off Update #1

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

After posting this report, we did a little more research. Apparently Mr. and Mrs. Lester and Sandy Klindera are happily married - so she lied to us when she said she was "no longer associated with JLK Transportation Services".

As expected, when we contacted Sandy at JLK Transportation Services this morning (8/22/06) as she requested, we were faxed a document with an attorney's name and phone number. The handwritten document stated "I have been told JLK can not send out any checks".

When we contacted the attorney listed, we were told the case was so new he had no knowledge of anything.

We contacted the Shipper who informed us JLK Transportation was paid in full ($3,647.80) on check number 253500 back on July 26.

Funny how that works, huh?

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC